Part Time Position in Ascot (19 hours). Fixed-Term until September 2024.
- Want to have a real impact on the lives of some great people?
- Want to work for a values based organisation in a small team?
- Do you have experience building the capacity of others?
If you answered yes to everything above and also have relevant skills and experience, then we want to hear from you!
ABOUT DOWN SYNDROME QUEENSLAND
Down Syndrome Queensland (DSQ) is a not for profit organisation providing a variety of services from experienced and professional staff. DSQ is committed to ensuring that people with Down syndrome and Intellectual disability, their families and the people who work with and care for them are informed, empowered and supported. We provide services focused on capacity building, information provision, and self-advocacy.
At DSQ we have three core values: Integrity, Passion and Inclusion. Our values express what we stand for and guide the way we do things. Our values are core to our business, and we align everything we do with them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are calling for applications for a part time (19 hours per week) Program Facilitator role in Ascot, to develop, lead and grow DSQ’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work Program – Possibility Pathways Program. This role will be a fixed-term position until September 2024.
The main focus of this position will be the delivery of the ‘Possibility Pathways Program’ to adults with an Intellectual disability.
The Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative assists Queenslanders with low level language, literary, numeracy and digital skills develop the foundation skills that are required to pursue their career aspirations and support transitions to further training, employment or improved job roles.
Possibility Pathways Program program runs 2 days per week:
This position is available for start at at the beginning of October with classes commencing the week beginning 16th October 2023.
To be successful in this role you will need to be adaptable, well organized but flexible, have exceptional experience and most of all be willing to have fun, stretch your comfort zone and be creative and innovative in your approach, in addition to:.
- Relevant qualifications in Education (Bachelor of Education/Graduate Diploma in Education or equivalent; or Diploma Vocational Education & Training)
- Knowledge and experience in training and group facilitation
- Experience developing and implementing robust and challenging resources and learning experiences for improved employability of participants
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of literacy and work skills development
- Ability to maintain a positive focused, well managed learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust and modify content to suit the needs of individual learners
- Engage and motivate adult learners, fostering a positive and supportive learning environment
- Implement suitable behaviour management strategies
- Hold a modern view of disability
- Ability and commitment to work as a member of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of privacy and confidentiality policies
- Understanding and commitment to principles of choice and control, and community inclusion for all abilities
Down Syndrome Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people with a disability to apply for all positions.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks including professional referees, completion of a satisfactory police records check and working with children check.
Please only apply through Seek. Expressions of Interest close Friday 11th August. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange zoom interviews.