Part Time Position in Ascot (13 hours). Fixed-Term until September 2024.
- Want to have a real impact on the lives of some great people?
- Want to work for a values based organisation in a small team?
- Do you have experience building the capacity of others?
If you answered yes to everything above and also have relevant skills and experience, then we want to hear from you!
ABOUT DOWN SYNDROME QUEENSLAND
Down Syndrome Queensland (DSQ) is a not for profit organisation providing a variety of services from experienced and professional staff. DSQ is committed to ensuring that people with Down syndrome and Intellectual disability, their families and the people who work with and care for them are informed, empowered and supported. We provide services focused on capacity building, information provision, and self-advocacy.
At DSQ we have three core values: Integrity, Passion and Inclusion. Our values express what we stand for and guide the way we do things. Our values are core to our business, and we align everything we do with them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are calling for applications for 2x part time (13 hours per week) Program Support Officer roles in Ascot, to help grow DSQ’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work Program – Possibility Pathways Program. This role will be a fixed-term position until September 2024, and will only be required to work during program delivery times.
The main focus of this position will be supporting the facilitator to deliver of the ‘Possibility Pathways Program’ to adults with an Intellectual disability.
The Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative assists Queenslanders with low level language, literary, numeracy and digital skills develop the foundation skills that are required to pursue their career aspirations and support transitions to further training, employment or improved job roles.
To be successful in this role you will need to be adaptable, well organized but flexible, have exceptional experience and most of all be willing to have fun, stretch your comfort zone and be creative and innovative in your approach.
Possibility Pathways Program program runs 2 days per week:
This position is available for start in October with classes commencing the week beginning 16th October 2023.
- Relevant qualifications in Education (Certificate III or IV in Education Support/Teacher Aide/Disability Services studies or relevant experience.)
- Experience and knowledge of the needs of post-secondary aged students with diverse learning needs and respond accordingly.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of literacy and work skills development
- Ability to maintain records of students’ learning and communicate these efficiently to fellow staff members with primary responsibility for the students’ learning.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with students, staff, parents and members of the community.
- Ability and commitment to work as a member of a team.
- Hold a modern view of disability
- Demonstrated knowledge of privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Understanding and commitment to principles of choice and control, and community inclusion for all abilities.
- A strong work ethic with a collaborative team approach.
Down Syndrome Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people with a disability to apply for all positions.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks including professional referees, completion of a satisfactory police records check and working with children check.
Please only apply through Seek. Expressions of Interest close Friday 18th August. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange zoom interviews.