Embarking on a career journey with Social Futures means becoming part of a mission that goes beyond just a job. We are a voice for social change in regional Australia, with a history spanning over 47 years. Your role within our dedicated Resilient Kids program, will allow you to:
- Support children, young people and families in flood impacted communities
- Provide accessible, inclusive and culturally safe supports to children, young people and families to support their health, social and emotional wellbeing and resilience
- Use your knowledge of the challenges children, young people and their families face to achieve optimum outcomes
Joining us, you’ll be part of a team of diverse and dedicated individuals who are focused on providing support through evidence based best practice. From delivering group activities within community to individual support sessions, your work will be diverse and impactful.
This role is a great opportunity to develop your skills. Here’s how it will help transform your career:
- Deepen your understanding of the impacts natural disasters can have on the social, health, and emotional wellbeing of children and young people.
- Expand your network by collaborating with a range of community-based organisations
- Broaden your skill set through diverse and meaningful work
At Social Futures, we believe in the value of your voice, and we are dedicated to making positive changes every day. We’ve got your back in providing a supportive and inclusive workplace, one that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. Here, your wellbeing matters to us.
Among the benefits, we offer flexible working options, access to ongoing learning and development, generous salary packaging options, a staff well-being program, and the opportunity to bank additional days leave per year. Additionally, we prioritise safety and uphold that Social Futures isn’t just a workplace; it’s a community.
Here, we believe in inclusivity, integrity, and learning. Why you’ll like working with us:
- Your voice will be valued and heard in our mission to support positive social change
- You’ll be part of a supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment where we celebrate individuality
- We prioritise your wellbeing, with benefits such as External Supervision, flexible working options
We are looking for a passionate program worker with a desire to make a difference. The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in health, psychology, social work, social science or social welfare, health promotion or similar
- Experience providing high quality customer-centred individual and/or family therapeutic interventions and/or case management
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with all people to ensure effective relationships
- Demonstrated well-developed organisational, time management and administrative skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining professional boundaries while engaging in person-centred work
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruit from key communities; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQSB, people living with a disability, people with lived experience and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Working with Children, National Police Check and COVID Vaccination are mandatory requirements for all staff.
How to Apply:
A cover letter demonstrating how your skills, education and professional experience meet the requirements of the role as outlined in the position description, should be submitted with your application.
To access a position description please click apply or click here
Applications close 22 September 2023.
For more information about Social Futures please visit our website:
For further information, please contact Mel Gordon on 0427 617 186.
Please note: Any advertisements or recommended videos which appear after our clip are generated by YouTube and Social Futures does not have control over what ads are displayed.