- A rewarding career with a growing and nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Permanent, full-time role with opportunities for training and development
- $82k annual salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
About the role
As our new Program Worker, you will be working closely with participants living with psychiatric disabilities to empower them in the areas of independent living and social connectedness.
Specifically focusing on skills and knowledge development, you will work in partnership with people in our care to develop tailored recovery plans, incorporating their own specific goals. The support services you deliver are as unique as the individual but are all provided with aim to support them in achieving meaningful health, social and economic, physical health and wellbeing and housing outcomes.
Your role will be to partner with the participant, their families and friends and encourage connections with a range of activities to support them in achieving the life that they envisage for themselves. Where appropriate, you will also support their transition to the NDIS to ensure that they are fully supported following their exit from the program.
About the program
The Early Intervention Psychosocial Support Response (EIPSR) is a psychosocial support model targeted to adult clients of the clinical mental health service system living with a mental illness and associated psychiatric disability.
This program aims to support them through the development of practical life skills for independent living and build their capacity to better manage the mental challenges that they’re presented with in every day life and empower them in the areas of independent living and social connectedness.
Please visit the Wellways Careers site for a copy of the position description to see further details relating to this role.
- A purpose driven culture where people can thrive, everyone is respected, and differences are valued
- An equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 enables you to spend a portion of your salary before it is taxed to pay for things like rent, mortgage repayments, car leasing
- Meal and Entertainment allowance via salary packaging up to $2,650 per annum
- Receive 17.5% leave loading every time you take annual leave
- Paid parental leave after 12 months of ongoing employment
- Access for you and your family to our Employee Assistance Program
What do you need?
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with a mental illness, generally a Certificate IV qualification or above
- Experience in the provision of psychosocial rehabilitation services.
- An understanding of the biopsychosocial model of mental health and how social inclusion principles are applied to service delivery for people with serious mental illness
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the active involvement of participants and carers in the development, planning, delivery and evaluation of services
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module completion certificate
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Check
- Evidence of COVID booster vaccination or valid medical exemption
Wellways is committed to reconciliation, lived experience and inclusivity. We strongly encourage and warmly welcome people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with a lived experience of mental health and disability and people who identify as LGBTIQA+ to apply. Even if you only meet some of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulfilling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Christie Ware, Team Leader on 03 5741 9601.
Applications close 16th August 2023.
We encourage early applications as successful applicants may be contacted prior to closing date
The health and safety of Wellways participants and employees is our highest priority and all Wellways roles are covered by directives that require mandatory COVID vaccinations. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or valid medical exemption prior to commencement.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.