- Entry level position, open to recent graduates
- Permanent role – working from home and on location as required
- Attractive salary and flexible employment conditions, in addition to superannuation & salary packaging
ermha365 is a core support for people with complex mental health and/or disability. We believe in the potential of everyone and in response, we are building a clinically strong and passionate multi-disciplinary team of Clinicians in alignment with the NDIS Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework. For more information about our services please visit our website.
You are looking for a position where you can apply your knowledge of psychology, occupational therapy, social work (or relevant field) to understand the behavioural support needs of people with complex disability and/or mental health. In addition, you will have:
- Knowledge and experience in areas such as dual disability, forensic, mental health, autism, intellectual disabilities
- The ability to communicate, influence, negotiate and facilitate discussions
- An approach of flexibility, patience, initiative and emotional intelligence
- Resilience and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of and commitment to client centred & evidenced informed practice
- Qualifications in a relevant field such as Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or other health related fields
It is a requirement of this position to acquire and maintain a positive Working with Children’s Check, NDIS Worker Screening check and possess a current & valid driver’s license.
You will also be required to undertake an application process and practitioner suitability assessment to comply with NDIS requirements to register as a Behaviour Support Practitioner.
About the Role
As a Behaviour Support Practitioner, you will be responsible for enhancing our ability to respond to an individual’s behaviours of concern and to improve their quality of life. Your work will align to and maintain the standards articulated in the NDIS Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework, in addition to the values of ermha365 and relevant Code of Ethics.
To achieve this, the role entails:
- Manage a case load of individuals who require behaviour support
- Conduct Functional Behavioural Assessments
- Evaluate and develop Behaviour Support Plans under guidance and supervision
- Create recommendations for the client following comprehensive evidence-based assessment of client, family friend and supports
- Translate theoretical understandings of positive behaviour support and related models and incorporate into practice
- Work in consultation with senior Behaviour Support Practitioners
- Provide advice, coaching and mentoring to key stakeholders
- Facilitates staff training and reflective practice sessions
- Influence and contribute to meeting the goals of people we support using evidenced and data informed practice
This role will work from home and is flexible with location. You may be required to attend meetings or training at our Head Office in Dandenong South. You will also be expected to communicate via teleconferences and conduct site visits when required.
While ermha365 continues to operate face-to-face services through COVID-19 we are taking appropriate actions to ensure that our staff and the people we support are as safe as possible. You will be expected to adhere to all COVID-19 standards, requirements and processes including (but not limited to) wearing appropriate PPE and regular hygiene and cleanliness practices.
What we can offer you
- ermha365 is an agile and innovative non-profit with a growth agenda across Australia. As an employee you will be offered:
- Opportunity to have a career that changes lives
- On the job training and development
- Flexibility in working hours to suit work life balance
- A supportive team environment that is engaging and inspiring
- A competitive total package including salary packaging
This job isn’t for everyone. At ermha365 we work with clients with some of the most complex mental health and disability support needs in Victoria/NT.
We’re a lifeline for people who often feel like “a square peg in a round hole” – those who experience stigma and discrimination, and are ostracised or excluded from the simple things that most of us take for granted. In many cases we have become the provider of last resort, although we see ourselves as the provider of first choice. We believe in the potential of everyone. We never give up, and we never give in.
Ermha365 is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. Further information at https://www.ermha.org/child-safe-statement/
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly encourage and warmly welcome people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with a lived experience of mental health and disability and people who identify as LGBTIQA+ to apply. Even if you only meet some of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you. If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.