- Launch your career with NPBS, a trusted service provider.
- Join a supportive and collaborative team.
- Enjoy a largely autonomous and flexible role.
- Unlock attractive incentives through our Incentive Program.
Welcome to the pinnacle of excellence in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). PBS is a growing evidence-based theory of practice that aims to improve the quality of life of people with a disability and those around them, reducing behaviours of concern and eliminating restrictive practices. Discover the limitless potential of PBS – where greatness becomes reality.
At National PBS, purpose and empowerment merge to create a remarkable community experience. As leaders in our field, we strive to inspire individuals to reach their full potential.
At the core of our organisation lies a team of exceptionally dedicated professionals. Our Behaviour Support Practitioners, AHPRA-registered Psychologists, and Occupational Therapists collaborate seamlessly with NDIS Participants, private clients, and their families and support networks to produce positive outcomes.
We take a holistic approach to how we assess, develop interventions, and deliver expert clinical recommendations and reports. Our unwavering commitment is to enhance independence, foster safety, and improve the overall quality of life for those we serve.
Join us at National PBS, where the pursuit of excellence is not just a goal but a way of life. Trust us and surpass your expectations, unlocking your true potential.
- Job security with various full-time and part-time positions available.
- Opportunity to work from our bright open-plan office spaces in Malvern East, Moonee Ponds and Geelong!
- Largely autonomous and flexible role while still working as part of a dedicated and supportive team.
- Attractive salary based on experience, with scope to increase based on performance.
- Laptop and phone provided. Company vehicles are available for use on shift.
- Peer support is available daily for all Behaviour Support Practitioners.
- Fortnightly clinical group supervision for Provisional Psychologists.
- Professional indemnity insurance covered.
- Attractive personal development training allowance.
- Culture of continuous improvement.
- Generous incentive reward program.
- Gifted birthday day off!
Duties and responsibilities
As a Provisional Psychologist / Experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner at National Positive Behaviour Support, you will:
Provide behavioural support, psychological, and psycho-social support to people with disabilities and mental health concerns and their support networks in line with goals, working closely with both NDIS participants and private clients.
Gain proficiency in handling various client cases and gathering information to develop personalised interventions and plans to reduce behaviours of concern and restrictive practices and improve their quality of life.
Use your exceptional report-writing and analytical skills to interpret information to produce clear and concise Behaviour Support Plans for families and stakeholders. You will collaborate to establish partnerships with key stakeholders, lead training and implementation sessions, and participate in Care Team Meetings as required.
Be supported in a compassionate, multidisciplinary team environment that provides regular support, supervision, and professional development opportunities.
The successful applicant will:
- Engage in evidence-based practice and prioritise the client’s unique needs to achieve positive outcomes.
- Excel in communication and foster positive relationships with external stakeholders, including with family carers, service providers and Allied Health Teams.
- Deliver services to NDIS Participants and private clients.
- Conduct assessments and provide interventions for various behaviours of concern.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Display effective time-management skills to coordinate their weekly schedule and appointments.
- Maintain case notes, client records, reports and other documentation as required.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and thrive in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Engage in regular professional development, supervision, and team catch-ups.
- Relevant qualification in Psychology (for Provisional Psychologists)
- Current AHPRA Registration (for Provisional Psychologists)
- Covid-19 full vaccination and Infection Control Training certificate
- A valid Australian Driver’s License (Provisional or Full)
- Employee Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Registered NDIS Behaviour Support Practitioner
- NDIS Worker’s Screening
Salary and conditions
This position is subject to the Health Professionals and Support Services Award [MA000027]. Appointment will be at Health Professional Employee Level 1. Pay Point will be dependent on qualifications, with scope for salary to increase based on experience and performance.
Successful applicants will commence on Monday 30th of October 2023, with one week of induction. Part-time employees must attend the entire first week and will be paid accordingly. They will then be able to continue with their usual 4-day roster upon completion of the induction.
We value Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.