Wesley Mental Health and Resilience Program
- part-time position (3 days/ week)
- based in Carlingford, Sydney
- salary packaging benefits available including other supervision and CDP allowances
- continued learning and development opportunities.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “A Spirit disciple-making movement: doing all the good we can because every life matters”.
About the Program
The Mental Health and Resilience Program is a pioneering program that aims to support and enhance the emotional and mental wellbeing of older adults, recognising that older adults often experience significant barriers to accessing mental health support despite being a vulnerable population. The program works to reduce stigma and provides clinical interventions such as individual face-to-face counselling and therapeutic group work to reduce psychological suffering and distress.
About the role
An exciting opportunity for a passionate Mental Health Clinician to join our team.
This role is perfect for those looking for a dynamic role that integrates counselling, case management, assessment, group work and opportunities for innovation to utilise your expertise and creativity.
You will work closely with clients experiencing mental health concerns as well as liaising with stakeholder including family member, general practitioners and other allied health professionals in order to support residents to live meaningful lives and achieve their mental health goals.
You will work alongside a team of passionate Clinicians providing support services to older adults across Sydney metropolitan area and Wollongong.
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- degree in Social Work or Psychology and have membership or be eligible for membership within the regulatory body of their relevant discipline
- knowledge and advanced skills in evidence-based counselling and intervention practices, including suicide and other risk management
- knowledge and experience working in suicide prevention
- well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively develop and maintain positive relationships, networks and therapeutic relationships with families and older people
- demonstrated ability to seek supervision and assistance when negotiating complex and unprecedented tasks
- demonstrated experience in program development including working with vulnerable people
- good time management skills and ability to prioritise clients and workload effectively
- commitment to work effectively with diverse communities i.e. Frist Nations people, CALD communities and those who identify as part of the LGBTQI+ community
- encourage and support clients to provide feedback to the service
- maintain up to date client notes and documents
- demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence-based practice
- willingness to support students on placement alongside the team
- Working with Children’s Check and willingness to complete a criminal history check.
- experience working with older adults
- experience planning and facilitating groups.
All staff at Lifeforce work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous, supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
Salary and employment conditions will be directly negotiated with the successful applicant, with generous salary packaging and other allowances available.
Friday 15 September 2023.
Please submit a copy of your CV/Resume and a 1–2-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
- a brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange an interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- reference and probity checks.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.