Urban Psychology is an exciting and dynamic organisation that works with adults and youths in the criminal justice system. We are dedicated to the provision of forensic assessments and interventions to clients in prisons and community correctional services. Our objective is to improve community safety by supporting our clients to make behaviour changes to lead a fulfilling and prosocial life.
We have a well-established team of full time and part time staff as well as a number of sub-contractors. We pride ourselves on creating a professional, competent and supportive environment, whether working at a state run corrections location or in our metropolitan based office. We completely understand that working independently in a private practice is not for everyone, so at Urban Psychology, we deliver our services in teams. We enjoy our work, celebrate the small successes, and look for opportunities to have fun!
Urban Psychology seeks three Provisional Psychologists to join our team. We want to inspire new clinicians to consider a career in the forensic field. It is the most rewarding work you’ll do – changing the lives of some of our most disadvantaged community members while simultaneously improving community safety.
- Mentored by an experienced team our clinicians provide comprehensive evidence-based forensic assessments to youth and adult clients.
- Create professional, authoritative, and evidence-based assessment reports to inform on risk factors, treatment options and case management of forensic clients.
- Co-facilitate intensive and semi-intensive group-based treatment program for male and female offenders. The programs are CBT-based and use multimodal methods of delivery to increase motivation, explore the factors that lead to offending, and build problem solving, emotional regulation, and interpersonal skills.
- Pending pandemic restrictions, travel to regional and metropolitan Corrections Victoria locations (prisons and CCS) is required. This may result in some overnight stays in regional hubs such as Castlemaine, Bendigo and Sale where you will get to explore some local highlights.
- Administrative client-related work is completed within flexible and autonomous working conditions from our Ringwood based office, along with opportunities to work from home.
- Our clinicians receive extensive internal training and support from senior staff to assist in their assessments, report writing, and treatment.
- Learn: We fund professional development, external supervision, professional registration fees and indemnity insurance for full time and part time staff. You will also receive regular internal individual and group supervision.
- Support: Successful candidates have unlimited access to peer consultation and clinical mentoring from knowledgeable psychologists in the field.
- Flexibility: Our psychologists have the ability to work from home for report writing up to one day per week or they will work from our offices in Ringwood with an amazing team.
- Variety: We deliver services in both metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria, across both the youth and adult criminal justice system, in prison and in the community.
- Fun: When travelling, we see our travel as a road trip with your colleagues, with time to explore regional and scenic destinations, enjoy culinary experiences together and bond as a team. We provide accommodation and the use of business phones and vehicles.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Provisional Psychologist or with AHPRA.
- Knowledge or a willingness to learn the current approaches in offender rehabilitation.
- Highly professional, organised and reliable with incredible time management skills.
- Works effectively autonomously and as part of a team environment.
- A person who is motivated, passionate and driven to provide high quality services.
- Driver’s licence, a National Police Check and Working with Children Check will be required for the role.
The Next Step
If you are interested in working with forensic clients and promoting positive changes, then we want to hear from you! Applications close Sunday 31st October 2021.