The Gray Area is a space where we explore the grey area of life. Life is not always black and white, and neither is our well-being. Our mission is to provide resources, support, and guidance for navigating the grey areas of health, promoting holistic healing and self-discovery. We embrace the complexities of human experience and acknowledge that there are no easy answers when it comes to our health and wellbeing.
Our goal is to create a safe and inclusive community where individuals can explore all areas of mental and physical wellness with compassion and understanding.
The Gray Area live by 5 core values. These are Mental Health, Mindfulness, Enlightenment, Continuous Growth, and Problem Solving. These values drive all functions of the organisation, and all staff member conduct is expected to reflect these values at all times.
About the role
As the Provisional Psychologist, your Core responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Provide therapeutic sessions to referred clients using evidence-based interventions, such as CBT, DBT, ACT, Trauma-Informed Therapy, and Behavioural Therapy.
• Conduct psychometric, behavioural, and functional assessments and prepare relevant reports as required to meet client/participant goals
• Have an understanding of ASD, ADHD, specific learning disorders and mental health conditions
• Support the development and implementation of positive behaviour support plans
Note – As a Provisional Psychologist, you are required to work under the clinical supervision of a Registered Psychologist (as per your plan with AHPRA). The Gray Area will provide you with a supervisor who will provide you with the required supervision hours to meet the requirements of your internship plan.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• A degree in Psychology and current registration with AHPRA as Provisional Psychologist
• Experience working in the community and/or with NGOs (preferable)
• Experience working with children and young people with various medical conditions and complex communication needs.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
The Gray Area is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
To apply for the above position please select APPLY.