What’s great about the role:
• Easily build your client load, with an established referral network
• Work with a multidisciplinary team to support your clients’ care
• Triage & Intake team available to provide admin support
• No inpatient, better work/life balance
• Convenient eastern suburbs location, 10-mins from the city
• Work from home or on site
• Varied workload
• Contract or salaried permanent part time options available
• Access to external supervision with a senior psychiatrist
• Join a warm, community focused organisation, motivated by value-driven care
About the company:
JewishCare NSW has been the major service provider for vulnerable members of our community and beyond, for over 85 years. With teams specialising in aged care, mental health and wellbeing, disability services and family and child support, we take a holistic, person-centred approach, working close with both clients and their families to help them feel cared for, valued and understood.
About the role:
Are you ready to embark on a fulfilling journey where your expertise in mental health can create a positive impact on the lives of our community members? JewishCare is proud to announce the establishment of a cutting-edge mental health service, and we want YOU to be a crucial part of it!
As a passionate mental health professional, you’ll be joining our vibrant, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team. Your mission? To provide specialized mental health services that truly matter to those facing challenges in our community.
• Dive into the assessment, diagnosis, and medication management of various mental health concerns, catering to both adults and young adults. Your expertise will be the guiding light for our clients on their journey to well-being.
• Assume clinical leadership and actively engage in the care of our clients. Your dedication and commitment will be a source of inspiration for the team.
• Foster a supportive environment by being available to your colleagues for consultation, ensuring seamless coordination in the delivery of exceptional care.
• Be the beacon of hope for those in critical need by offering urgent consultation and assistance to clients whose situations may be deteriorating.
To be successful, you will possess:
• Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or equivalent.
• Specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Psychiatrist.
• Well-developed communication skills and be comfortable practising within a client-centred, trauma-recovery framework.
• Demonstrated ability to provide high quality compassionate psychiatric care with complex presentations.
• Demonstrated clinical leadership skills and commitment to working collaboratively with referrers and as part of JewishCare’s multidisciplinary team.
• Prior experience working with clients across the lifespan will be of benefit.
• Experience working with NDIS desirable.
• Eligible to obtain Provider Number for JewishCare location.
• The following clearances: Working with Children Check, Criminal Record Check, NDIS Clearance Check.
As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Our values are universal and enduring in nature. They reflect core Jewish values, placing emphasis on creating a strong and cohesive community. Our values embrace:
• Mishpocha (family)
• Chessed (kindness)