- Not For Profit | 1 x Perm FT or PT role
- Ongoing professional development
- Competitive hourly rate + salary packaging
Irabina and Aruma have merged!
Aruma and Irabina have come together to share in the vision of supporting people with a disability to live a great life, the life they want, the life they choose. It makes perfect sense that two organisations with the same values and vision join forces to truly make a difference in the lives of our participants.
We are seeking motivated and passionate Psychologists to join our team working at our Bayswater site and in community.
The Aruma team are Human Rights warriors! Our Psychologists will work as a part of our multidisciplinary team of professionals committed to family centred practice. The role is paediatric specific, and the successful candidate closely liaise with all stakeholders to provide evidence-based services to children where there are concerns regarding the child’s development.
This role is flexible – Full Time or Part Time will be considered.
A day in the life of a Psychologist
- Providing assessment and 1:1 capacity building supports and intervention to individuals ranging in age from early intervention through to young adults.
- Conducting developmental interview, diagnostic assessments (i.e. autism assessment, cognitive assessment, adaptive functioning assessment, and behavioural/emotional assessments), and provide assessment feedback to families.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team within the Early Intervention Group to facilitate an active learning environment.
- Ongoing collaboration with parents/carers and other relevant professionals (e.g., paediatricians, teachers, speech pathologists, and occupational therapists) to develop goals and intervention plans that align with individual and family priorities and are developmentally appropriate.
- Actively contributing and, at times, presenting to multi-disciplinary and discipline specific meetings and case discussions.
- Providing formal education and training to the wider community through workshops and seminars.
- Grade 2 Psychologists provide formal supervision to Grade 1 Psychologists and Provisional Psychologists within the team and consultative support to the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to Aruma’s Strategic Intent, Purpose, Values and Code of Conduct;
- Holds current registration with AHPRA for recognised and relevant degree in Psychology
- Demonstrated ability to provide psychology services for autistic children and young people and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of or experience in early childhood intervention services, and commitment to, Family Centered Practice, and Early Childhood Intervention Best Practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the capacity to interact with a broad range of clinical service providers
- Commitment to providing services to people from diverse language/cultural backgrounds.
- Adherence to clinical guidelines and high level of professional ethics.
- Endorsement in one of the following areas of practice:
- Clinical Psychology
- Educational and Developmental psychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology.
- Counselling Psychology.
- Experience working with children with complex family background.
- Demonstrated ability to administer and provide quality written reports for Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, and other developmental disabilities.
Why choose Aruma?
- We offer the benefits of flexibility and professional learning and development opportunities.
- Access to leaders with over 25 years of clinical experience.
- As a charitable organisation, our staff benefit from some Fringe Benefit Tax exemptions through salary packaging up to $15,900 p.a + up to $2,650 p.a on meal & entertainment.
- Salary package living expenses (i.e., mortgage, loan, credit card repayments) meal and entertainment (dining out), a car (new or used)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We offer employees and their immediate family members access to a confidential, impartial, and professional counselling service.
- Corporate health plans with Bupa.
- Fitness Passport.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including:-
- NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance.
- National Police Check clearance.
- Rights to Work in Australia (if applicable).
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence (unrestricted) and willingness to use own vehicle (if required) with comprehensive insurance.
- Satisfactory Working with Children check, if required.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered.