We are a psychology and counselling practice operating out of Nambour. We have been in the community for 6 and a half years and have strong relationships in the community with referring bodies. We value the strong, supportive and positive working environment which exists in our offices, the passion and skill-pool which currently exists in the team, and are looking for a team member who will be able to take on an ever-growing client referral base.
Qualifications & experience
- Mandatory – Applicants must have current registration or accreditation with the relevant industry bodies eg. AASW or APHRA
- Social Work applicants must be currently accredited as Mental Health Social Workers and have eligibility as a medicare provider.
- Psychology applicants must be currently registered as either a registered psychologist or clinical psychologist and have medicare provider eligibility.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Providing psychotherapy to clients who present with emotional distress and/or mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, trauma, grief; as well as clients who are wanting to better themselves in their own personal development.
- Receiving and responding to referrals from GP’s or other referring community organisations as per the referring organisations requirements.
- Working in accordance with industry standards and requirements (eg. either the APS or AASW)
- Some administrative duties which are attached to the therapy role
- Managing own booking schedule
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism, ongoing learning and development and professional currency.
- Adhering to evidence based psychotherapy methods
- Working with a positive, friendly and supportive team environment in a central location, with highly skilled and experienced clinicians.
- Peer supervision available
- Flexible working hours – you set your own days and hours and holidays.
- High levels of autonomy whilst also benefiting from a team environment.