At Hunter Primary Care we recognise you, we respect who you are and what your individuality, skills, experience and talents can bring to the team. It’s your journey, Grow with us!
• Generous salary pkg benefits available
Applications for this role will be reviewed as they are received; we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate is found.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Are you looking to develop and enhance your clinical skills working with a broad range of mental health presentations across the life span?
• Are you looking to work in a positive work culture lead by a team of approachable and experienced clinicians that provides supervision and ongoing professional development opportunities?
• Are you looking to work for a leading provider of evidence-based and innovative primary mental health services in the region for those otherwise unable to access supports due to financial barriers?
Hunter Primary Care are currently seeking psychologists and clinical psychologists to expand their Primary Mental Health team. Skills, experience and interest in some of the following areas are highly regarded; adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns; women in the perinatal period, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people experiencing substance misuse issues and people experiencing suicide/self-harm behaviours. There are also opportunities to work with older people in Residential Aged Care Facilities and with clients on NDIS supported plans. Full orientation, support and ongoing training will be provided. Positions are based at Warabrook and Maitland, with a requirement to also spend time working in any one of our outreach offices located throughout the Hunter region
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree and current registration with AHPRA
• Postgraduate qualifications highly valued
• Relevant clinical experience in delivery of primary mental health care services;
• Demonstrated skills and experience in providing clinical assessment and intervention / therapy.
• Familiarity and commitment to working with practice-based evidence and outcome evaluation;
• Preparedness to working closely with and supporting GP’s and practice staff in a shared care model.
• Ability to work independently, while being part of a team, including providing services at different outreach locations or RACFs
• Ability to be adaptable and responsive to change in the delivery of primary mental health services
• Strong technical skills with the use of computers/clinical software
• Post graduate qualifications advantageous
• Eligibility for Medicare provider number registration preferred
• Current NSW Working with Children Check clearance
• Current NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance
• Recent or new (employer facilitated) Criminal History Check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits. This position is classified as Psychologist Level 1-2 under the Hunter Primary Care Agreement 2021.
Hunter Primary Care values respect, excellence, integrity and recognition, and have a strong interest in working with people who are committed to improving health in our community. We listen. Care. Connect.
Hunter Primary Care offers you:
• Generous salary packaging up to $15,899 per annum
• Paid parental leave
• Professional development leave, study leave and supervision
• Paid mental health leave
• Employee Assistance Program
HOW TO APPLY
For further information regarding this position, please contact Tim Regan on [email protected] Further information regarding this opportunity can be found in the position description at the About Us / Careers page of our website – https://hunterprimarycare.com.au/about/about-our-people/careers/. To apply for this position, click on the Apply button to upload your resume and cover letter.