Seeking a Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist/Registrar to join our dynamic and growing clinic. Specific preference given to experienced psychologists seeking to work with paediatric clients and/or NDIS population.
Inner Calm Clinical Psychology (ICCP) is located in the heart of the Illawarra at the edge of the beautiful Balgownie village. Nestled under the magnificent escarpment, we love the village vibe of where we work and are passionate about the importance of the balance between work and play 🙂
We thrive on providing a standard of excellence in assessment, formulation and treatment. We are passionate about mental health being accessible to everyone in our community. We love giving back to our community including taking part in charity events such as cycles, long walks or ocean swims to raise awareness and reduce mental health stigma.
Our vision is to provide a safe and supportive treatment modality tailored specifically for each individual person so that they can develop the insight, skills and tools to navigate and overcome their mental health challenges. Our vision is that as a practice we will actively contribute to the reduction of mental health stigma so that challenges such as trauma, anxiety, low mood, shape and weight concerns, and difficulty dealing with emotions and relationships can be openly discussed and supported in our community.
This is an opportunity for an independent and warm Clinician to join our team 2-5 days per week with the flexible working hours. This role comes with admin support and a client load ready for the right clinician.
Clients will be matched based on skill level and experience. We are passionate that our clinicians at ICCP feel 100% supported in the number of referrals they receive and the type of presentations. In short, we will always have your back. We truly want you to love coming to work 🙂
Our clients are mostly adults who work or study in the Illawarra area with a mix of women, men and adolescents motivated to engage and address their issues. We have a steady referral base from our local Community Mental health service in Wollongong, a range of GPs, our local University, psychiatrists and our allied health colleagues. ICCP also provides psychological support for plan and self-managed NDIS clients. While we assess and work with people across the lifespan, a strong focus and passion of ours is the treatment of trauma and Perinatal Mental health. We are passionate about giving back to our community and have provided presentations to raise the awareness of Mental Health. We are also passionate about developing unique Group Therapy Programs and are happy to facilitate this for the right clinician.
What we can offer you
– Competitive fee split reflective of clinical experience, supervision needs and/or level of contribution to the growth of the practice
– Practice managed marketing to our referral networks
– An established referral base
– Administrative support (that is warm and yes actually supportive!)
– A lovely and relaxed office space that has been freshly renovated; natural light, lots of plants, lovely couches, timber flooring. We strongly believe our physical environment needs to support the work we do
– Peer supervision and support and/or AHPRA Board approved supervision
– Payment towards your ongoing CPD (further details given at interview stage)
– Regular team cakes and special dinners out (to celebrate the hard work we do!)
– Espresso coffee machine with an abundance of decent coffee and of course, dark chocolate 🙂
– The option to working remotely for some days of the week is an option we are happy to discuss
Who we’re looking for
Our goal at Inner Calm is to remain a small but highly effective service, so we’re looking for someone that is excited to join a growing, dynamic team. We highly value someone that is warm, compassionate, independent, who carefully considers the needs of their clients, loves the work they do and enjoys having independence but also being part of a team that enjoys having lunch together. A love of dark chocolate is nice but not necessary, a good sense of humour is 🙂 If working with NDIS or paediatric clients and/or assessments is your passion, we also welcome this.
* Full AHPRA registration as a General Psychologist, or endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist
* A Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology OR completed 4+2 pathway completed
* Eligibility for Provider Number registration with Medicare
* Professional and public indemnity insurance
* Your own ABN (we can assist you in how to get this)
* Current police check
* Current Working with Children Check
* Access to your own laptop (if this is a barrier to you, please let us know)
* Independently meets CPD requirements set by AHPRA
If the above details feel like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send a Cover Letter and your Resume to our Clinical Director, Dr. Nadine Wright [email protected] with the reference “Application to work with Inner Calm Clinical Psychology”.
We will contact you within a week of your application to discuss the next steps.
We are happy to answer any questions through email (above) or by phone 0499 908 684. This advertisement will close once a suitable applicant has been found.
A testimonial from a team member at ICCP (not taken under duress we promise):
“I could not have had a warmer welcome to the Inner Calm team. I was instantly made to feel at home in my beautiful, relaxing office and have quickly established my client caseload. It has been wonderful coming to work knowing that I have a supportive team to work alongside… and of-course, enjoy those much-deserved coffee breaks with.”