- Flexible hours – manage your own time
- ABN/Invoice arrangement
- Opportunities all over Melbourne
Are you a psychologist who enjoys conducting cognitive assessments for school students? Are you looking for a flexible work opportunity?
We are growing and require additional psychologists to conduct cognitive assessments for students with suspected disabilities attending government schools across Victoria. These assessments will support schools’ applications for additional supports for these students through the Department of Education and Training’s Program for Students with Disabilities and Disability Inclusion.
Regular work is available for psychologists, and most of our contractors receive the amount of work they are seeking. This work is a great option for professionals looking to transition from paid employment positions to contracting work and we will support and guide you as part of this transition. It also offers flexibility for those working part-time in other roles or/and balancing work and family commitments.
To be eligible to apply for these roles you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. Appropriate candidates will also possess the following education, experience and capabilities:
- Psychologists with General Registration status with AHPRA
- A minimum of 12 months comprehensive experience conducting standardised assessments
- Experience working with children, adolescents and their families
- Experience working within a school settings (preferred, but not essential)
- Strong report-writing skills, with the ability to write reports for the target audience
- Strong assessment skills (critical thinking, gathering / analysing / synthesising information)
- Proven IT literacy, particularly in common applications including Microsoft Office Word, email and web usage
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with strong administrative, communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidates are required to have their own assessment tool/s or have ready access to the same via their own networks
- At least one of the following is required: WPPSI-IV, WISC-V, approved nonverbal assessment tool
- If you currently work with DET, we/DET require an “Other Work (Outside Employment) Declaration and Approval” form to be completed
Training and Clinical Support
Comprehensive training in the program and report requirements will be provided, as well as induction, ongoing clinical support, and Professional Development (PD) days. The training, clinical support, and PD days provided will add to your annual professional development requirements for the Psychology Board of Australia.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice Citation and be a recognised Disability Confident Company.
At MAX, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
We adhere to the National Principles for Child Safety and require all team members to be committed to child safety and well-being. Our induction and training will provide you with these principles, including having an understanding of children’s developmental needs and culturally safe practices.
Please click “Apply for this job”. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process for reasons of equal opportunity, please call a member of our Recruitment Team on 07 3727 1306 or email [email protected] before you submit
For further enquiries contact Lisa on 07 3727 1470.