Caraniche Forensic Youth Service is a Victorian, state-wide provider of Youth Offending Programs to the Youth Justice sector. Work with the Community across Barwon South West and Grampians regions. Your new home base will be in Geelong, with the flexibility to work at the Ballarat and Geelong offices.
In this role you will:
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments and write forensic reports.
- Facilitate criminogenic treatment programs (group and individual) to young people who are subject to community and custodial based dispositions.
- Liaise regularly with professionals supporting young people. There will also be the opportunity to undertake individual treatment work, all whilst working within a therapeutic environment.
- Deliver treatment to a client population that presents with a range of forensic/offending histories and clinical and mental health issues. Interventions provided may be short term, episodic, long-term, individual or group based.
What You’ll Ideally Bring to the Role
• Registered with AHPRA and experience in clinical and/or forensic assessment, case formulation and treatment
• High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Confident working in a dynamic, faced paced environment
• Flexible and agile approach to work
• Commitment to Child Safe Standards and Practices
• Current valid Driver’s License
If you are a team player, client focused, and have a warm empathic and engaging style, wanting to provide early intervention and support for young people who have entered the justice system we would love to hear form you.
Ideally, you will have experience with, and/or a strong desire to work with a youth cohort who are culturally and linguistically diverse and present with varied needs including complex trauma, behavioural issues, mental health, substance use, and low cognitive functioning.
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging up to $15,899 per year and up to $2,650 to spend towards meals & entertainment
- 4 x Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave)
- Purchase Additional Leave / Take Leave at half pay
- Flexible Work options available
- Professional Practice Clinical supervision
- Flexible Work hours
- Internal Training, Professional Development days
- EAP program
Why Work With Us?
We are leaders and innovators within our industry, providing unparalleled learning opportunities for our people.
There is unlimited opportunity to develop your counselling/clinical skills with a supportive, multidisciplinary team who strive to provide alternative pathways for our youth cohort. Our teams are diverse, and our roles enable ongoing growth and development.
Candidates may be interviewed and progressed prior to the closing date.
Learn more: [email protected]
Our organisation is committed to safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo a screening process prior to appointment. We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion.