Are you a psychologist looking to experience a great team, with full time administration support and control over the type of work and clients see?
Or, are you a new graduate for 2023 and would like to receive a supportive employment package that includes supervision and CPD allowances?
Well, let us introduce you to our company, our team and our mission, and lead you to an amazing opportunity to make a change in your life! Even if you are not looking to change your role right now, we are happy to wait for the right person to join our team.
Who Are We?
Capital Psychology Clinic is a large, vibrant team of psychologists who have been providing therapy, assessment and group therapy services to the Canberra Community for over 7 years, under the directors, Dr Eryn Davies and Jenna Keen, who were the 2020 Women in Business-Small Business of the Year winners and finalists in the Allied Health Awards 2021. To get a closer look at us and our team, please look up www.capitalpsychologyclinic.com.
CPC provides therapy for all ages of care, no we are not just a Paediatric team, although we are well known for that. We also provide assessments and an active group therapy program across the school terms for children of all ages and stages of development. We thrive on supporting as many people in our community as we can, while also maintaining the health and work life balance for our team members. In fact, health and work life balance of our team members is a prominent value for CPC, allowing psychologists to deliver their highest quality of care to the community. This is why we especially seek those who may have been working for a few years in the public sector or may have been working in their own private practice and simply need a change and a team to support them and allow them to gain back their life balance so they can again enjoy their role as a psychologist. If this sounds like you then please read on, as we have one amazing team here waiting to meet you and make your transition to a new job smooth and refreshing.
Why would you want to join us?
CPC offers strong career progression pathways for advancement in clinical work, experience and promotion. We actively encourage you to speak up about ideas and interests you would like to add to your role, and we encourage design and expansion of clinical services that interest you. We do not expect psychologists to simply see clients and have no advancement or excitement in their career. We provide a caring and friendly team that work together and celebrate together, ensuring your career and family life will also benefit from being part of our team at CPC.
CPC also provides a full-time administration team who support you to work through your day and provide your clients with a high level of care every time they enter the practice. We also provide smooth policy and procedures for transferring from your previous position or private practice to your new role as our team member, to ensure a seamless change that is focused on your excitement and new work life balance. With not only one, but two directors and a full-time administration team, you will be well looked after. Considering the current times and challenges, we are also prepared to support relocation needs if you are currently not in Canberra.
Your directors are…. Dr Eryn Davies and Jenna Keen
Eryn and Jenna originally began working within the public health sector and understand the demands and time stressors working within these environments. This means, that one of the most important parts of their role as directors, is to provide their team with exemplary work life balance and understanding through thick and thin, to ensure your move to the private sector or from your own private practice is worth it every day you come into the office. Eryn and Jenna are a dynamic team, with human and furry families who understand life’s challenges and make every effort to ensure your career at CPC is filled with purpose and life balance. Both directors are still actively involved in client care as well as directing the company, to ensure they are up to date with all requirements, compliance, policy and procedures as well as still having a great understanding of treatment and assessment through their own client load. This provides you with two directors who are always accessible, open to discussion and ideas and can step in when urgent matters are required.
Perks and benefits
- Flexibility – Full Time or Part time options that include late starts or early finishing times to fit around your family needs.
- Career Progression Pathways and support for development and training. Opportunities to deliver community training and workshops, groups, and other content.
- Supervision- Onsite Board Approved Supervisor.
- Leadership opportunities – in-house mentoring programs, community presentation opportunities, senior leadership positions.
- Work/life balance– We encourage all psychologists to engage in self-care and plan a working week that will allow you to work to your potential and gain the most out of your position as well as your lifestyle.
- Located in central Garran– with FREE parking, IGA, Bakery, Butcher, Post Office, Medical services and cafes.
- Close-knit and friendly culture – we provide regular catered team meetings, team supervision and team social events with an annual charity ball, trivia nights and Christmas celebrations.
Over to you
We are essentially looking for two psychologists to join our team for a minimum of 3 days per week up to full time, and we can offer both employee or contractor roles. We are also happy to consider new graduates who have just gained registration and would like a supported employment package that includes supervision, clinical endorsement supervision and CPD.
You will need these essential skills:
- Alignment to CPC’s values and community care.
- Full Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Current ABN (or willing to get one) and professional indemnity insurance if you would like a Contractor role.
- Works within the best practice evidenced-based modalities of psychology.
- Experience providing therapy for children, adolescents and/or adults.
- Be willing to provide telehealth sessions when appropriate.
- Early Career Psychologists are encouraged to apply for a supported employed position.
The team would also benefit from you having:
- Accredited Postgraduate Masters or Doctorate in Psychology, and full endorsement in the area of Clinical Psychology or eligibility to progress to ‘Clinical Psychology Registrar’ status.
- Experience in the public or private health care system or having run a solo or group practice before.
If you are in a solo practice and feel isolated or stressed by your work load, please reach out to us so we can talk about how we can support you to transition to our team so you can gain your health and life balance back.
If this sounds like what you have been waiting for, then apply below. We run a rolling recruitment, meaning we wait for the right person, so feel free to reach out even if you are not ready to immediately change your role.