Working in Healthcare has never been more important or meaningful.
The Southern Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault and Family Violence (SECASA), is a program of Monash Health and has the responsibility in the Southern Region of the Department of Human Services for:
- The provision and development of effective services to victim/survivors and associated people affected by sexual assault and family violence
- The provision of assessment and treatment for children and young people who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour.
- The provision of public education and professional training on sexual assault and anti-violence issues
- Social planning and processes related to reducing societal violence.
The SECASA Children Young People and families team Aware program provides assessment and treatment of harmful sexual behaviour in children and young people, whilst providing support to their parents and carers.
A Day in the Life
As an experienced Clinician,( Social Worker or Psychologist) you will work therapeutically with families / carers and young people who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviours. As a valued member of our Aware Program you will work as part of a committed, supportive and vibrant team, within a unique multi-disciplinary setting. You will be supported to demonstrate and develop your quality clinical practice within our highly regarded service. Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking psychosocial and safety assessments to develop intervention goals
- Assessment and referral as appropriate to meet a client’s broader needs
- Provision of intervention for children and young people with harmful sexual behaviours to work with their family/carer to implement intervention goals
- Provision of community and professional education on the area of safe and respectful behaviour
- Liaison and work collaboratively with relevant departments and agencies on matters pertaining to harmful sexual behaviour
- Engage in program and network meetings as required
- Provision of intervention in individual, family and group contexts as required
Aware Clinicians are primarily based in Dandenong at the Multidisciplinary Care Centre (MDC). Staff are required to offer appointments across SECASA’s sites and outreach appointments. This may involve driving personal cars or SECASA cars. SECASA staff are required to participate in the intake roster.
What You Bring:
- You will have professional experience working with children, young people and responding to complex trauma related to sexual assault and/or family violence.
- Demonstrable experience delivering high-quality assessments and intervention using a strengths based approach, drawing on evidenced based trauma informed interventions, and best practice within the Harmful Sexual Behaviour Network.
- Experience in working collaboratively with key agencies, within the scope of relevant legislation and professional guidelines. You will be an excellent communicator, able to work independently and contribute to a resilient team.
What You Need:
This position is open to candidates with the following qualifications:
Grade 2 Psychologist in Community Positions
- Current general registration as a psychologist with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
Grade 2 Social Work
Formal qualification in Social Work and eligibility for AASW
- An Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) accredited Bachelor Degree or entry level Master’s Degree of Social Work that provides eligibility for membership of the AASW
- Written evidence of eligibility of AASW membership for overseas qualifications
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a qualified Social Worker
- Accredited Social Worker as approved by the AASW
You will receive excellent support from within SECASA including: regular clinical supervision, opportunities to observe, consultations with clinical experts, participation in sector wide harmful sexual behaviour workforce training and above award opportunities to attend professional development.
- You will be part of a highly committed compassionate team
- Be part of a service that values you and all you bring to the counsellor/advocate role.
- Strong focus on self-care
- Work in a team with a diverse range of experience for you to draw on
- Receive evidence based training providing you the skills to be a competent counsellor in this specialist field
- Be part of an expanding service with multiple projects focusing on improving service delivery and the client experience
- Provided with a range of internal opportunities within the SECASA service to evidence our commitment to your development.
- Work with a team where the Sexual Assault Sector values are evident in daily practice including being passionate about eliminating sexual assault and family violence through social change.
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call Sarah MacGregor, Manager SECASA – Children, Young people & Families team on telephone 9928 8741.
Monash Health is a great place to work!
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- free flu vaccinations
- private health insurance at discounted rates
- health imaging services
- + more
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service and proudly provides healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 people work at over 40 care locations across south-eastern Melbourne.
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and ICare values.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted that are submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit).
For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to attached ‘Application Guide’ located under Position Documents
Please note: applications will be screened upon receipt and selection activity may commence prior to the closing date.