Part-time / Full-time – minimum 15.2 hours per week for part-time, Full time of 38hours per week also available.
Located in the laid-back coastal town of Carnarvon, WA. It is perfectly positioned between Shark Bay to the south and the Ningaloo World Heritage areas to the north. It’s the starting point for your next adventure,you will discoverthis fascinating town’shistoric, cultural and foodie highlights. About 5,000 people currently call Carnarvon home, and the population is a rich mix of heritages and cultures.
Welcome to the land of year-long holiday experiences, of stunning vistas and once-in-a-lifetime moments shared together.
Sitting on the edge of the mighty Gascoyne River delta, Carnarvon’s tropical oasis is waiting for you to discover. Travel three hours north and you’ll find tranquil Coral Bay, the home of whale sharks, manta rays and humpback whales. Head inland to the Gascoyne Hinterland, and discover the world’s biggest rock, authentic homesteads and a real taste of the Aussie outback.
CFSS WA Ltd, is a Not-for-profit Organisation supporting families and individuals in the Gascoyne Region and surrounds on a wide range of service.
We have the opportunity for a Provisional or Registered Psychologist to join our team as the Carnarvon Sexual Assault Response Service Coordinator.
About the Role:
The Psychologist/Social Worker will provide counselling services in Carnarvon and surrounds to families, individuals and victims of sexual abuse and family violence.
Service provision is informed by holistic assessments of the child/children and family, taking into account the impact of other forms of abuse, family violence and social deprivation that may co-occur with sexual abuse.
Actively participate as a team member of CFSS WA Ltd, in the planning and delivery of other programs of the service and completing reporting requirements.
$51 – $61 per hour depending on qualifications, based on Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award
Plus Super – 11%
Plus Tax-Free Salary Sacrifice options up to $15,880 per annum (conditions Apply).
Successful candidate will also be provided with the following:
- Access to a work vehicle, work laptop & work mobile phone
- 5 weeks A/L Per annum
- 10 P/L days Per annum
- External Supervision Allowance per annum for Provisional Psychologist (conditional Apply)
- Professional development & training provided
- Delivering psychological interventions with individuals (children, adolescents, adults, and older adults), couples, families, groups, and the community
- Managing an individual caseload and ongoing waitlist
- Ensuring appropriate psychological services are provided to clients
- Conducting psychometric assessments
- Delivering a trauma informed therapeutic approach to clients across the lifespan.
- Liaising with and report writing to referring parties such as doctors, and community agencies regarding the management of clients
- Adopts a community development and primary health care focus in the initiation and facilitation of activities/strategies that aim to prevent abuse in the community
- Provide group work/support services to families impacted or recovering from child sexual abuse
Requirements for Role:
- Degree in Psychology/Social work
- Provisional Registration or Full Registration with the appropriate body i.e AHPRA or AASW
- Experience in individual counselling and group intervention and complex Mental health
- Current National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Current WA Drivers License
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status
- Ability to self-manage in the organisation context, including managing your own caseload and problem-solving
- Ability to apply analytical and conceptual skills to issues identification, risk assessment and analysis, intervention and evaluation
If you would like to join our team at CFSS WA Ltd, please forward a detailed covering letter along with your resume and document addressing the selection criteria by clicking the “Apply Now” button.