Our client is actively seeking a clinically-trained, trauma-informed psychologist, psychotherapist or counsellor to join their progressive practice in Terrigal, on the Central Coast, on a permanent part-time basis.
With an immediate opportunity to practice, this role will look to help transform more lives with deep conversations and genuine connections. The successful applicant will be 1 of 3 practitioners in the space located at the beautiful Meraki Wellness Centre.
You are a skilled psychologist, psychotherapist or counsellor, passionate about genuinely helping your patients. You apply a psychodynamic approach to your practice and demonstrate empathy and acceptance.
You connect with patients on an interpersonal level through active listening and present as easy to talk to. You have the ability to think on your feet and know how to set boundaries to effectively manage challenging therapeutic moments with calm, empathy and patience.
- Tertiary qualifications in the relevant disciplines: counselling, psychotherapy, psychology or social work.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of the treatment of trauma from an intersubjective or relational perspective.
- Training in EMDR, somatic experiencing, resource therapy, internal family systems, ego state therapy, or schema therapy (highly desirable).
- Experience working with adults, and an openness to working with minors. Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
- Innovative thinker who can bring fresh perspectives and ideas.
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and is eager to contribute to collective success.
- PACFA, ANZAP or APA accreditation.
- Available to work weekdays and occasional weekend cover.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Our client is a progressive counselling, psychotherapy, and yoga-therapy practice who think holistically about wellbeing, mental health, and trauma.
With a community of dedicated professionals, they are committed to making a meaningful impact in the field of trauma therapy and right now the world needs more of what they can offer.
Our client is not just shaping the future of trauma therapy; they are shaping the future of countless lives touched by their work.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Work with a dedicated team that is at the forefront of trauma therapy, setting benchmarks for excellence.
- Strong emphasis on growth and evolution – they believe in nurturing talent so there’ll be self-development and training opportunities along the way.
- A waitlist of clients needing support, giving you the opportunity to start practicing immediately.
- Ample opportunities for growth and development.
- A team of real people who prioritise self-care and flexible working arrangements, because as a therapist you can’t pour from an empty cup.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Send through your resume along with a cover letter. Attention to detail is key to this role.
It is essential that you begin your cover letter with “Throughout my practice, I support my clients and help them heal by …”.
Please only apply if you can confidently meet the criteria outlined under the ‘About you’ section.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications received without a cover letter or cover letters that do not address the above-listed statement will not be considered.
Due to the expected high volume of submissions, only successful applicants will be contacted.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.