Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology Registrar Program – 2024
Who we are
Hardwick Psychological Services is a boutique private psychology practice in the suburb of Ashgrove, now in its 11th year of operation. Our mission is to improve the lives of people across the lifespan who experience emotional or cognitive challenges. We are a collection of clinical psychologists, neuropsychologists and general psychologists. We support people experiencing a range of mental health and emotional concerns with assessment and treatment. We also support those who have experienced neurological or neurodevelopment issues to provide assessment and intervention. We work hard to create a culture that is supportive and rewarding. We offer progression pathways to support your development across your career. Our values include striving for excellence, collaboration, integrity, conscientiousness and accountability.
There are have three different Registrar roles available within the program, as outlined below. The roles are full-time salaried roles, and applicants will be offered an enticing salary package. Start date can be immediate.
- Clinical Psychology Registrar
- Clinical Psychology & Neuropsychology Registrar
- Clinical Neuropsychology Registrar
Inclusions of the Program
- Individual and Group supervision with a board approved supervisor. And secondary supervisor available within-house.
- Peer supervision offered monthly (as well as informal hallway chats).
- $1000 to spend on CPD per year.
- Bonus scheme.
- PPI Insurance costs covered during the program.
- Super and leave entitlements, and leave loading as part of your package.
- An opportunity to earn what you want, depending on the hours you want to work.
- Training in the use of a range of clinical psychology and neuropsychological tests, including scoring and interpretation of new tests.
- Access to a well stocked testing library and the latest testing technology (i.e. iPads, and online questionnaire administration).
- Mentoring to assist you to develop career goals and establish yourself in the areas of work you find most meaningful.
- Exposure to a broad range of client presentations, and regular targeted supervision sessions to meet the core competencies of your registrar program.
- A workplace where you can develop a strong sense of belonging within a passionate and supportive team. There is also support from other Registrars on the team.
- Excellent administrative support to ensure that you can fulfil your role effectively.
- A career progression pathway, with opportunities for promotion to more senior roles.
- Work from home options: Complete your admin or report writing days from home if you wish. The only time you need to be in the office is during your client contact time.
- Location: We are based in the inner-city location of Ashgrove, which is just 5kms from the Brisbane CBD.
- Beautiful Office: We have city views in most rooms, well appointed rooms, and expresso coffee and snacks.
- Social events: We have many different social events throughout the year including: a formal social event every 3 months, Christmas party, celebrations in the office, and welcome drinks for new staff.
- AHPRA registration as a general psychologist (or will receive within 4 weeks from application).
- Personal qualities highly regarded: our values are striving for excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and conscientiousness.
Note: Clinical Psychologists or Neuropsychologist also welcome to apply.
Please apply through Seek, sending your CV and a cover letter. In the cover letter please state:
- The role that you are applying for.
- A little bit about who you are.
- And the date you could start.
PS – if you are interested in the Registrar program, but not ready to start just yet, please get in touch and we will keep you in mind for the future.
We look forward to hearing from you!