Flexibility and a wonderful team environment awaits you!
Indigo Support is a company that prides itself on a commitment to excellence in service delivery in the NDIS sector. We mainly specialise in providing supports to adult NDIS participants living with psychosocial disability.
As a growing company, an opportunity has emerged for a Support Coordinator/Psychosocial Recovery Coach to join our team in a part time capacity (3 – 4 days/ week) to support participants in and around the Brisbane region. Our main office is located in Greenslopes, 4120.
At Indigo Support, we believe everyone should feel accepted, empowered and valued. We endeavour to change the narrative around the stigmas associated with mental health, removing barriers and supporting our clients to build their resilience and live an inclusive, contributing life.
Key responsibilities of the role includes but not limited to:
- Provide Support Coordination and Psychosocial Recovery Coaching to NDIS participants.
- Provide case management for people with physical, intellectual and psychosocial mental health disabilities.
- Collaborate and work with the participant, family, carers, and other services
- Liase with stakeholders, community services, government agencies and other service providers.
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to work autonomously
- Responsible for psychosocial initial assessment, case noting, reporting and review meetings
- Prepare and maintain up to date and accurate case management notes and reports
- Be a key point of contact for the participants and ensure the full implementation of the participants NDIS plan
- Identify, develop, plan, design and coordinate NDIS supports to assist the participant to meet their NDIS and personal goals
- To ensure the participant and their support network are aware of the principles of the NDIS and the determinations of reasonable and necessary supports
- Have exceptional communication and social skills and work from a client person centred approach providing empathy and compassion to clients
- Have strong interpersonal skills such as problem-solving and knowledge sharing skills
- Have a friendly and positive attitude and approach and be willing to participate within a caring team environment
- Have extensive knowledge and understanding of the organisations in the region that provide services to NDIS participants
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills to be able to work within the support coordination team
- Prepare and submit reports for clients who have a change of situation or are at end of their plan and attend review meetings
- Attend team meetings for discussions and planning to support people with disabilities to the highest standards and to achieve the best outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications in Allied Health, Human Services, Community Services, Disability, Mental Health or other related discipline
- Have experience in the Disability/ Community Services field and demonstrate knowledge of the NDIS (Previous LAC’s and Support Coordinators encouraged to apply)
- Experience supporting a broad range of participants with varying needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Possess problem solving, planning and organisational skills and be detail oriented
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current COVID-19 Vaccination Status
- National Police Check
- NDIS Disability Worker Screening Check
- QLD Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Access to a roadworthy vehicle with insurance and current registration
- Must have working rights to work in Australia
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage various relationships.
- Enjoy supporting people to build their skills and achieve their goals.
- Be able to work autonomously and take initiative to complete tasks
- Enjoy working in a diverse team and supporting diverse individuals
- Be resilient and have the ability to adapt to ever changing situations
What we provide:
- Continuous training and supervision (yearly subscription to a training platform)
- Mobile Phone
- Flexible Work Hours to suit your availability
Check us out online
To apply, please email your resume with contact details of at least 2 referees to [email protected]
People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background as well as a CALD Background are encouraged to apply.