Who are we?
At Sonder, we’ve been helping people across South Australia to improve their wellbeing and live better lives since 1993. We support thousands of people each year with mental health challenges, drug and alcohol use concerns, chronic disease management and employment.
What benefits can we offer?
When you work with Sonder, you become part of the Sonder family and that provides you with a number of benefits such as:
- Salary (excluding super) paid above award and reviewed annually
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development allowance provided yearly
- Generous salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by 6-12%
- Modern and welcoming office spaces
- Christmas Closure Bonus Leave (above annual leave entitlements)
- Training opportunities
- Meal & entertainment allowances
- Paid parental leave, and much more!
Sonder are open to negotiating further benefits with the successful applicant to ensure an excellent working environment for you.
Hours: Part-Time (0.6FTE) Ongoing, with option to increase to fulltime.
Location: Position available to be based at Marion, however, will work across the Southern area of Adelaide. This role does hold the expectation to attend all sites as required.
Position Description: https://bit.ly/PsychosocialRecoveryCoachJP1 (copy and paste)
Learn about the position:
Sonder Disability Services provides personalised psychosocial recovery coaching, allied health, counselling and therapy, services to children, youth and adults living with a disability who have a NDIS plan. Our aim is to support people to live active and healthy lives and overcome personal barriers through a holistic approach ensuring integration with existing Sonder services to meet individuals physical and other health care needs.
Come join our NDIS Plus team in the position of Psychosocial Recovery Coach and provide support to young people and adults with psychosocial disabilities to achieve their own unique goals, build capacity, strength and resilience through strong respectful relationships and coaching to live their best lives.
Working in partnership with consumers, families, and carers you will support participants to access services that best meet their needs and support them to develop skills to better manage the challenges of day to day living.
- Two years’ experience in mental health related peer work or psychosocial rehabilitation and support.
- Sound computer Literacy.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work or Cert IV Mental Health Community Services, and/ or 2 years’ experience in mental health related peer work.
- Current Working with Childrens Check or willing to obtain.
- Current NDIS Worker Screening or willing to obtain
- Current Unrestricted Drivers License
- Willingness to use own motor vehicle for work, with mileage reimbursement.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter addressing the essential skills and knowledge in the job and person specification (no longer than 2 pages) and resume to Sonder via our careers portal on our website.
Feel free to send any enquiries to [email protected]
Closing Date: 21st of August 2023