Work in an environment that offers:
- An opportunity to work with a leading regional health service
- An ability to live and work close to home
- A strong attitude to teaching and supportive staff
- An opportunity to support the growth of an in demand for services
Position Title: Psychosocial Support Worker
Location: Swan Hill
Classification: Welfare Worker, Class 2, Year 1 to Year 4
Salary per hour (exc. super): $32.13 – $35.8
Hours per fortnight: 72 – 80 hours per fortnight (including monthly ADO for full-time)
Employment Status: Permanent full-time or permanent part-time
Other requirements: COVID-19 Vaccination
Based in our Swan Hill office, you’ll work closely with our friendly and welcoming team, to ensure that all of our patients receive high-quality care when they need it.
Bendigo Health is committed to providing services which are recovery focused, promoting self-determination and collaboration with consumers, families and carers. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Psychosocial Support Worker (PSW) will promote patient wellbeing by assisting the patient’s connectedness to their community and supports. The PSW will assist patient’s to navigate services, offer linkage and referral, provide practical support when required, offer support to carers and family, and work collaboratively with the treating team to engage patients, and develop and assist with support and safety planning. Collaboratively, with the treating team which includes peer workers, and clinical staff, the PSW will provide a high standard of care to patients of the service.
- As a member of the treating team the psychosocial support worker will establish supportive and respectful relationships with people using the mental health service, and support them with their recovery goals
- Provide practical assistance to support patients to attend appointments/meetings/activities that form part of their support plan including promoting linkages to community service providers.
- Assist with developing and implement support plans in collaboration with patients and their families/ carers.
If you’re looking for flexibility, we’ve got you covered. This position is available full-time (80 hours per fortnight, with a monthly ADO) or part-time (72 hours per fortnight). Our service operates Monday to Friday, 08:30am-5:00pm. We can offer flexible working arrangements to suit your needs. A driver’s licence is essential, as you will be required to travel regularly throughout our region.
Working for Bendigo Health
Our team love working with us, and it’s easy to understand why. We’ve got a fantastic range of benefits for our employees, including:
- Up to $20,000 in tax-free relocation support, if you’re moving to join our team
- Generous salary packaging opportunities, to increase your take-home pay each fortnight
- Flexible working arrangements, with the opportunity to work full-time or part-time
- Experienced and supportive leaders, who genuinely care about their team
- Staff health and wellbeing programs
- Genuine opportunities to broaden your skillset, and progress in your career
- An independent and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- A terrific staff discount program, across health insurance, banking and local businesses
On top of all this, our Mental Health team are supported by our Mental Health Professional Development Unit. They provide our team with education, professional development, career-planning and supervision opportunities. If you have aspirations to grow in your career, or gain different experiences in your clinical practice, we’ll help you find the way.
Living in the Swan Hill Region
Swan Hill offers excellent schools, shopping and cultural precincts, sporting and recreational facilities including the renowned Murray Downs Golf and Country Club. We can offer generous flexible working arrangements – giving you more time to enjoy the fantastic restaurants, beautiful parks, walking trails and recreational activities within our region.
Take a look for yourself: https://youtu.be/Rb_mle4LEko
If you’re relocating to our region, we’re here to help you. We will provide you with generous financial support, to help cover the cost of your move. We’ll also provide you and your family with practical, on-the-ground assistance to get settled, by connecting you with important services such as real estate, childcare, education, sport and community groups. We want your move to be stress-free, so you can focus on settling into your new role, and enjoying the amazing lifestyle on offer here.
We’d love to hear from you! Click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts. Please ensure that you attach a cover letter and an up-to-date copy of your resume.
Do you have questions? Please feel free to contact Xavier Moloney, Manager on 03 5036 1900
Diversity and Inclusion
Bendigo Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and social inclusion and encourage people from a diverse cultural background, people with disabilities and or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people to apply.