This position qualifies for a Recruitment Incentive Package up to the value of $10,000 (pro-rata part-time/temporary positions less than 18 months), and a reoccurring Annual Retention Bonus valued up to $10,000 (pro-rata part time), under the NSW Health Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme.
This scheme recognises the role key health workers play in enabling the delivery of rural and remote health services, and aims to provide incentives over and above award entitlements, to attract and retain staff in these areas.
Packages may consist of family and compassionate travel assistance, an upfront Rural Recruitment Cash Bonus upon appointment, contributions to professional development, utility reimbursements and study assistance, in addition to relocation benefits and accommodation assistance.
To recognise ongoing service in this role, once the successful candidate has served a qualifying period, they will become entitled to a reoccurring Annual Retention Bonus valued up to $10,000 (as taxable income).
For more information, please discuss incentive options with the contact person for this role.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Social Worker Level 1
Remuneration: $67,442 – $79,397 + Super
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ422437
Location: Broken Hill NSW
What you’ll be doing
Provide social, emotional and psychological support, counselling and interventions (appropriate to qualifications) to patients with cancer and their families, and to palliative care patients and their families.
• 5 weeks paid annual leave per year
• Salary packaging (pay less tax!), includes Remote Area Housing Benefit and Meal Entertainment Card
• Paid Allocated Day Off (ADO) Every Month
• Isolation & climate allowance
• Special rates at local gyms
• Support through advanced education & training
• A comfortable country lifestyle that supports balance & wellbeing
About Broken Hill
A true “Oasis in the Outback”, Broken Hill is a thriving regional town in far west NSW full of diversity, history and character. Being Australia’s first city to be Nationally Heritage Listed, Broken Hill is a culturally rich town with a vibrant art scene with over 20 galleries! The unique attractions, festivals and beautiful natural landscapes see tourists flock from all over, but the ones who stay quickly fall in love with the place and its liveability.
With a population just shy of 20,000, Broken Hill is small enough to allow for a relaxed country lifestyle, while big enough to provide all the desired facilities of a regional hub including major supermarkets and retail stores, excellent schools (7 primary & 2 high), multiple gyms & aquatic centre, well-known fast food franchises and a plethora of trendy restaurants, pubs and cafés.
The beautiful Murray-Riverina region is just 2.5 hours from Broken Hill, and after a short, 5-hour drive you can enjoy the beautiful Barossa Valley – South Australia’s internationally acclaimed wine region. For a town so unique, it’s really not that far away with just a short 1hr15m flight from Adelaide, a 2hr flight from Melbourne or a 2hr30m flight from Sydney.
Broken Hill truly is a town like no other with a supportive community that will welcome you with open arms. We can’t wait to see you soon!
- Degree in Social Work or Psychology with minimum 3 years clinical experience and membership /eligibility for membership for NSW registration / professional association where relevant.
- Demonstrated advanced practice skills in counselling, assessment and case management, with a demonstrated knowledge of complex psychosocial issues associated with a cancer diagnosis, treatment, palliative care and a developed understanding of issues faced by patients in rural and/or remote settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team and work autonomously, exercising independent professional judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver education, training programs, group work for patients, their families and health professionals.
- Proven skills in providing clinical support and professional consultation to staff to assist them in supporting cancer or palliative care patients with psychosocial needs.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrated computer skills plus high level interpersonal, communication, written, and networking skills.
About the Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District is the westernmost LHD under NSW Health, providing high quality public health services to the communities in far west NSW. Our vision is to create “excellence in rural and remote healthcare”. The key to our success is our diverse and inclusive workforce. We employ over 800 clinicians and support staff across 9 health facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia. We encourage you to consider joining our friendly team for a meaningful and rewarding career in rural and remote healthcare.
Be the difference. Change lives.
The Welcome Experience
The Welcome Experience in connects you and your family with local people and local resources to help you settle in and feel at home in your new community faster.
Learn more at www.nsw.gov.au/welcomeexperience
Need more information?
Applications Close: 28/8/2023