- Part Time | 30.4 hours per week | Flexible
- Location: Dubbo NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need.
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Based in our Dubbo office we have an excellent opportunity to support our services focusing on people at risk of ongoing contact with the criminal justice system.
The programs aim to assist young people to reduce their risk of re- offending by helping young people integrate with their community and address the issues that are contributing to their offending. In doing so, young people can gain the knowledge and skills they need to address their offending behaviour through positive means.
The role will support our Case Managers and our clients in the community, supporting the intake and referral process, case management and facilitation of programs. In addition to supporting Case Work, this will include attending and supporting our clients at court to provide referrals and facilitating anger management / wellbeing /independent living skills programs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Establish positive working relationships with clients across the services to support Case Managers, as needed, with achieving case plan goals.
- Support the referral and intake process on behalf of Case Managers
- Undertake a range of duties to support the development of participant referrals.
- Support clients when attending court and/ or other meetings.
- Liaise with a range of key stakeholders, both government and NGO to enable the necessary support and referral of the client.
- Support the facilitation of group-based programs.
- Actively participate in the running of programs where appropriate
- Complete a range of other administrative duties for the efficient running of the service.
Requirements for Success
- A tertiary qualification (Certificate III or above or interest in completing) and/ or relevant experience.
- Experience working with young people with challenging behaviours.
- Knowledge of issues impacting on young people including but not limited to substance use, homelessness and mental health.
- Experience in case management and the delivery of living skills and / or parenting programs.
- Current valid Driver’s Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference.
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description Program Support Worker L3.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications close on Friday 22nd September. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.