ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Fresh Start is a not-for-profit organisation concentrating on detoxing and developing a drug-free lifestyle. Their unique and comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment approach has helped over 14,000 people and their families out of the vicious cycle of addiction.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Fresh Start is seeking a dynamic and dedicated Residential Rehabilitation Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, as a Residential Rehabilitation Manager of FS Northam Recovery Program, you will be responsible for leading and managing the overall planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the facility to ensure the efficient, effective and timely delivery of the program.
The key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and deliver the rehabilitation programs for residents and their families
- Manage the day-to-day running and operations of the facility to provide a high standard of residential care to clients
- Work with clinicians to maintain and implement a recovery plan for every resident within a case management framework
- Coordinate all clinic, community, and prison outreach programs
- Assist the residents to engage in social and community services, including formal education and employment
- Prepare, manage the facility budget, and monitor financial performance
- Provide monthly reports to the CEO and six-monthly reports to the main funding body
- In conjunction with the CEO, recruit, train, induct and supervise the team of the facility
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and relationships with external stakeholders within the community, such as employment groups, community organisations, and healthcare providers
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment promoting teamwork and support other Fresh Start team members
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks to meet the organisation’s overall objectives.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Community Services (e.g. Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, Nursing/Mental Health)
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Recovery Centres
- Strong understanding of the addiction recovery principles, treatments and trauma-informed practices
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team, fostering a positive and inclusive work culture
- Genuine care, concern and passion for helping people with addiction
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and accreditation standards in the AOD Recovery field
- Professional demeanour demonstrated a “can-do” attitude and enthusiasm for the work involved in the role
- An understanding and non-judgemental attitude towards people with drug use and mental health problems, including those from diverse cultural backgrounds and the Aboriginal community
- Exceptional interpersonal and effective communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships within the community and diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make informed decisions
- Understanding and proficiency in financial management and budgeting
- Respect for confidentiality
- Willingness to support Fresh Start’s approach and programs
- Deal with difficult conversations, complex situations, and conflicts effectively with a focus on what is best for the organisation
- Develop long-term plans, set plans, and make informed decisions that align with Fresh Start’s mission, values and ethos
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, the community, the clients and their families
- Assist in maintaining high standards of workplace health and safety
The successful applicant will be subject to Federal Police Clearance and a pre-employment medical check.
“Fresh Start is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage Indigenous Australians and people with lived experience to apply for this position.”
- Join a purpose-driven organisation
- Working in a friendly and positive working environment
- Good values and culture are paramount for our client
- On-site parking available
- Generous salary package + vehicle
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity is of interest to you – Apply Now. Please send us your CV with a cover letter outlining the following:
- Your suitability for the position and key requirements criteria; and
- Examples of pertinent accomplishments that demonstrate achievements against key responsibilities.
We will not consider your application without a cover letter.