Residential Youth Workers
Foundations Care is a not for profit organisation, providing a variety of family support services with experienced and professional staff. Foundations Care prides itself on being child-focused in its operations, with particular attention place on each child’s emotional and development needs, as well as the overall needs of families. Foundations Care is committed to adhering to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations, where children’s safety and wellbeing is at the centre of our thoughts, values and actions.
About the role:
We are currently seeking applications for Casual Youth Workers to join our team based in our Residential House located in Rockhampton. Our team provides young people with support in a homely and welcoming residential care setting. This role directly supports the day to day routine of young people, providing quality, safe care and guidance within their living environment and the community.
Reporting to the House Manager, and working within a team of Youth Workers, this role is responsible for ensuring that the young people are safe and that their welfare and wellbeing needs are met, while working towards planned goals and independence. You will be working with young people with a range of developmental, behavioural, and psychological needs. Therefore, your role will be to support them through day to day coaching, mentoring, training and modelling to build their life skills, support positive decision making, access opportunities and achieve life and plan goals.
To be successful in this role it is preferred that you can demonstrate knowledge and experience relevant to working alongside young people residential and/or youth programs, together with:
- knowledge and experience working with young people with cognitive, social, developmental; and behavioural needs
- experience of working with indigenous and culturally diverse families and communities
- experience in the engagement, assessment and intervention with children and relevant stakeholders
- demonstrated commitment to achieving positive outcomes for young people using a valuing and strengths-based approach
- excellent oral and written communication skills, including debriefing, conflict resolution, negotiation, mediation, public speaking, promotional communication and reporting writing.
The Youth Worker will:
- be enrolled and complete within 12 months a Cert IV Child, Youth & Family Intervention (Residential Care); OR
- already hold a Cert IV Child, Youth & Family Intervention (Residential Care); or
- hold another recognised qualification in Community, Youth Work or Human Services or;
- be in the process of completing a relevant Certificate IV or Diploma level qualification as a minimum
Please note appointment to this role is subject to obtaining the following compulsory screening checks:
- National Police Check
- Blue Card
- LCS Suitability Check
What we can offer you
At Foundations Care you’ll be able to access a range of benefits:
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities including Hope and Healing Certificate
- Flexible working and family friendly environment
- Professional supervision and support
- Employee Assistance Program
Enquiries – If you are experiencing technical difficulties or require any further information about the role, please contact our People and Culture team at [email protected]
How to apply:
Please click APPLY NOW and include in your application a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
Foundations Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from First Nations people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if a suitable candidate has been found in that time.
We thank you in advance for your time, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.