Position Classification: Health Education Officer Grad
Remuneration: $33.06 – $53.88 per hour
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ417717
Northern NSW Local Health District is seeking a Health Education Officer to join their Health Promotion team to Improve the health of the people of Northern NSW through a coordinated population health approach in line with the Northern NSW Local Health District (NNSWLHD) Business Plan, annual Northern NSW Health Promotion Business plans and Health Promotion Strategy.
If you have/are:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably with experience in promoting healthy lifestyles at a population level
- Well developed problem solving skills, (the ability to assess situations and processes and act to achieve results), with proven ability to prioritise when working on a number of projects at the same time in a demanding work environment
- Knowledge and experience in health promotion planning, implementation, evaluation and dissemination
- Ability to establish and maintain community, government and non-government partnerships and negotiating to build the capacity of other organisations to promote healthy lifestyles
We can offer you:
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Diverse career pathways
- Professional and personal development
- Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
- Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
You may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Sarah Beaumont on [email protected]
Applications Close: 1 August 2023