- Be the difference. Enjoy great rewards and benefits.
- Casual position available
- Travel across Adelaide as required – access to own vehicle
- Bupa Health Insurance and Goodlife Health Club discounts
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Roving Social Worker / Field Educator to join our Wellness & Lifestyle team supporting our various Residential Aged Care sites.
About the role
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to;
- Supervision of Social Work and Counselling Students during placement.
- Assisting students to navigate through systems and relationships in Southern
- Liaising with the relevant RTO in order to maintain high level communication
and positive working relationships.
- Providing effective and efficient social work response to clients’ identified needs.
- Providing feedback to Residential Service Managers, clinical and lifestyle staff on strategies that may inform their best practice care and support of the resident.
- Facilitating client access to and participation in community activities, establishing
linkages that may be sustainable without ongoing support.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with key community groups, service providers and referral networks.
For further details regarding the scope of the role, please refer to our website or the attached position description.
We are looking for people who will be the difference in the lives of our residents and clients.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Recognised social work degree as well as membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- At least two years practice as a qualified social worker.
- Demonstrated experience supervising social work students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with older people, their carers and families.
- Current driver’s licence.
- A basic knowledge of the requirements of the Aged Care Standards as are applicable to the role.
Southern Cross Care is one of Australia’s leading charitable aged care and retirement living service providers. We value the diversity in our team, live and breathe our values and offer salary packaging benefits to maximise your take-home pay.
When you work for us, we value you as an individual, care for your well-being and develop your skills to help you build your career. We reward creativity and provide the stability and flexibility you need. When you work for us, you work better for life.
Enquiries: [email protected]
Applications close: 4pm on Wednesday, 4th of October 2023