- Are you interested in bringing your skills to one of Australia’s leading regional and community-based Health Service providers?
- A FT or PT role available to suit your lifestyle, based in Longreach, Queensland
- Excellent starting salaries ranging from Wellbeing Clinicians: $57,000 to $61,000
- We are looking for a local Longreach resident though will consider a range of applicants from the surrounding communities!
- If you have a lived experience as a carer, you will be perfect for this role!
Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle
North and West Remote Health (NWRH) is currently seeking adaptable community members to support community engagement activities in Longreach and surrounding communities.
Your primary responsibilities will be identifying and working with carers and supporting them in accessing the “Carers Gateway” services.
While not essential, certifications and courses related to mental health, community development or community services will be highly regarded.
Longreach is the base for the role, though the role will require travel to the surrounding regions (Blackall, Barcaldine and surrounds).
This role can be offered on a full-time or part-time basis to suit your lifestyle!
As a Wellbeing Clinician with NWRH, you will have the opportunity to expand your skillset whilst working with a broad range of community members. Empowering and supporting carers in the region will be your primary responsibility. Your role will also involve engaging and working with stakeholders across the region.
As a Wellbeing Clinician, your primary responsibility will be to facilitate and support direct service delivery to client cohorts in various communities. You will deliver emotional support services to Carers that include “In Person Peer Support” and “Carer Coaching” as per the guidelines.
This will be achieved by:
- Creating an environment which carers / community will find welcoming, real and inclusive
- Supporting and coordinating events for target groups to increase the profile of the Carer Gateway program
- Driving and supporting the overall effectiveness of Carer Gateway Services
It’s challenging, but we make a difference.
You will have high-level communication and negotiation skills to establish and support respectful and trusting relationships with individuals, teams, NWRH staff and the community at large.
Our teams come from across Australia and include a wide range of ages, skills, and specialisations, so you’ll be working with the best! This variety enables us to collaborate in our engagement with clients and learn from one another’s viewpoints.
We love our work – so will you!
If you have a solid sense of adventure, are up for a new challenge, and are genuinely interested in making a real difference, this could be the role for you!
You’ll be joining a fantastic support network, from your colleagues in Longreach, to the wider NWRH team in Queensland!
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive an excellent starting salary ranging from $57,000 to $61,000, commensurate with your qualifications and experience, PLUS a range of additional benefits, including:
- Up to $15,900 salary sacrificing;
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Relocation Assistance (if required)
- You will need a current, unrestricted ‘C’ class Australian Driver’s Licence;
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply
- Closing date: 20/08/2023