This position qualifies for a Recruitment Incentive Package up to the value of $10,000 (pro-rata part-time/temporary positions less than 18 months), and a reoccurring Annual Retention Bonus valued up to $10,000 (pro-rata part time), under the NSW Health Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme.
This scheme recognises the role key health workers play in enabling the delivery of rural and remote health services, and aims to provide incentives over and above award entitlements, to attract and retain staff in these areas.
Packages may consist of family and compassionate travel assistance, an upfront Rural Recruitment Cash Bonus upon appointment, contributions to professional development, utility reimbursements and study assistance, in addition to relocation benefits and accommodation assistance.
To recognise ongoing service in this role, once the successful candidate has served a qualifying period, they will become entitled to a reoccurring Annual Retention Bonus valued up to $10,000 (as taxable income).
For more information, please discuss incentive options with the contact person for this role.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Snr Clinical Psychologist
Remuneration: $130930 – $138631 + Super
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ422843
Location: Buronga NSW
What you’ll be doing
- As part of a multidisciplinary Community Mental Health Drug and alcohol Service provide outreach evidence-based psychological treatment techniques, assessment, care planning and case management services to drought affected areas and people experiencing psychological stress.
- Work collaboratively with consumers, carers, families, and other stakeholders to deliver services.
- Develop and demonstrate cultural competence and a commitment to improve the health outcomes of Aboriginal people.
- Deliver psychology services to drought affected areas with a focus around telehealth models and localities with recognised drought impact.
- Salary packaging (pay less tax!)
- Paid Allocated Day Off (ADO) Every Month
- Isolation & climate allowance
- Employee Meal & Entertainment Card
- Support through advanced education & training
- A comfortable country lifestyle that supports balance & wellbeing
About Buronga / Mildura
On the NSW side of the Murray River, Buronga is a beautiful rural town, just 10km from Mildura Victoria, many of our staff live in the booming regional hub of Mildura and travel the short 10 minutes to work. Mildura has a population of over 50,000 and growing with all the facilities of a regional city, yet is uniquely positioned in the scenic, Sunraysia region, famous for its sunshine, and horticulture including grapes and oranges. While Mildura thrives as its own destination, it is also a great base for touring many iconic natural wonders and picturesque locations nearby including the world renowned Mungo National Park!
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology with Registration/Authority to Practice in the discipline with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary adult mental health and or drug and alcohol setting.
- Demonstrated experience of living and/or working in rural and remote communities and awareness of the impact that drought has on individuals, family relationships and communities
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of evidence based psychological treatment techniques and assessment procedures to mental health and or drug and alcohol consumers in a community setting.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both written and verbal, with intermediate computer skills, including us of the Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the recovery model and patient centred care.
- Demonstrated understanding of human behaviour in rural communities including the impact of the slow onset protracted drought
- Current licence to drive in NSW ability and willingness to drive/travel as the role requires. This may involve driving long distances and overnight stays.
About the Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District is one of 15 LHDs under NSW Health, providing high quality public health services to the communities in far west NSW. FWLHD has a mandate to provide the highest quality care and services to its communities using the latest clinical evidence and technological enablers. Our vision is to create excellence in rural and remote healthcare.
Key to our success of course, is our people. Our workforce is inclusive and diverse. We employ well over 800 clinicians and support staff across our 9 health facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia. In the Far West LHD, we are working together to make a real difference to the health outcomes for our communities. We encourage you to consider joining our friendly team for a meaningful and rewarding career in rural and remote healthcare.
Applications Close: 15/8/2023