An exciting opportunity exists to work for one of South West Queensland’s most dynamic and community responsive organisations. Lifeline Darling Downs (LDDSWQL) has been serving the community of Toowoomba, and the wider South Western Queensland area for over 40 years.
About the Role
The Domestic and Family Violence Support Practitioners (DFVSP) will be the first point of contact for victims who require domestic and family violence or sexual violence support. This will include providing direct support services as well as working closely with local service providers to ensure a strong multi-agency response to domestic and family violence and sexual violence is provided.
- Safe Connections program is delivered in a high quality, professional and ethical manner.
- High quality, timely crisis responses, including risk assessment and addressing the immediate safety and support needs of victims including facilitating access and referral to required services.
- Specialist case management and advocacy support to meet the ongoing safety and support needs of victims
- Assistance to apply for a Domestic Violence Order
- Facilitating referrals to other relevant services to meet the support needs of the client (e.g. parenting support, housing, financial counselling)
- Organising safety upgrades for victims who can remain safely in the home
- Assistance to access relevant health services to ensure ongoing health and wellbeing (e.g. women’s health services, in patient drug and alcohol rehabilitation services or support to access services to improve mental health)
- Practical assistance to re-enter the labour market or maintain employment
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or related field and/or 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources operations.
- Qualifications in Human or Community Services and/or, significant experience delivering person centred services working with people whose lives have been affected by domestic and family violence and/or sexual violence.
- Demonstrated experience in providing case management, emotional support, advocacy and referrals for clients.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills both verbal and written, with an emphasis on effective interpersonal skills negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Working with Children card
- Current “C” class driver’s licence.
Apply Now! Once a suitable applicant is identified we will close the ad