- Paid mid-term breaks (school holidays).
- Salary Sacrifice up to 70% of salary.
- Working away from home allowance applies.
- Generous Accommodation, Meal allowances.
- Company vehicle with drive in – drive out assignments.
- Full Induction and Professional Development provided.
YouthCARE is one of Western Australia’s largest not-for-profit organisations. We aim to create positive school communities, where students are empowered and encouraged to be the best they can be. Each year YouthCARE Chaplains help thousands of students, staff and family members in WA public schools by providing an essential social, emotional and mental health support service.
Reporting to the Area Chaplain, this role will be required to Fly In and Fly Out (FIFO) or Drive In and Drive Out (DIDO) to remote school communities and provide Chaplaincy services. A School Chaplain is a sensitive Christian presence in educational communities and is responsible for the provision of pastoral care and support to assigned schools.
In this role you could be living in Perth and travelling to the appointed school communities, or living in the areas of the Kimberley, Pilbara, Wheatbelt and South-West and travelling from there to the allocated schools.
The Chaplain is required to perform their responsibilities in a professional manner, upholding the values of the organisation, this includes:
- Provide Pastoral Care and support to students, staff and other members of an assigned school community.
- Working collaboratively with school leadership and student services, providing support to students and staff, referring to appropriate agencies or networks in the local community.
- Provide support to school community in times of grief, family breakdown and other crisis situations.
- Provides programs that meet the social, emotional, spiritual and psychological needs of the school.
- Builds links with the local community, agencies, churches and other appropriate networks to support the school community.
- Perform all training, administration and reporting responsibilities as required by YouthCARE.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the performance of the organisation.
- Upholds the Vision, Mission and Values of the organization.
- Uphold and promote YouthCARE’s Child Safe policies and procedures.
Meets the following qualifications requirements:
- Certificate IV or above in Youth Work, Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care or Community Services, or a qualification listed in the Community Services Training Package.
- The following Units of Competency must be contained in your qualification or be obtained separately: CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs & CHCMH001Work with people with mental health issues (Contact YouthCARE if you don’t have these Units as they can assist you to obtain them at your Induction, if successful).
- OR an equal or higher qualification in a relevant field such as; Psychology, Social Work, Teaching, Counselling, Nursing or Ministry. Please see our website: https://www.youthcare.org.au/get-involved/work-with-us for full qualification requirements.
Other Essential Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective pastoral care and build meaningful relationships and engage in one-to-one pastoral conversations with: children, young people and adults.
- Demonstrated capacity to work within an educational environment.
- Have or be able to obtain a Working with Children Check and National Coordinated Criminal History Check through the WA Department of Education (NOTE: this is NOT a National Police Clearance).
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work effectively within a team and autonomously.
- Demonstrated capacity to use the Microsoft Office® suite and perform administrative tasks with limited assistance. Also has the ability to collect statistical data such as recording daily activities, related to service delivery.
- A demonstrated capacity to sensitively relate the Christian faith in a secular context while accepting and being sensitive to other people’s views, values and beliefs, and the ability to work across Christian denominations, other faiths and cross-cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated active engagement in the life of a Christian Church that is aligned with YouthCARE’s Statement of Faith.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter (no more than two pages) addressing the selection criteria to [email protected]
*Applications close on Monday 25th September 2023*