St Francis Xavier Primary School, Woolgoolga
St John Paul College, Coffs Harbour
This position provides Full Time work across two separate schools, St Francis Xavier Primary School in Woolgoolga and St John Paul College in Coffs Harbour. St Francis Xavier Primary School receives 3 days per week service, with two days per week service to St John Paul College in Coffs Harbour. There is an option for splitting the role into two separate roles if required.
Full time, temporary commencing 30 January 2024
for the period of one year
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
- current registration with the Psychology Board of Australia; or membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers with Mental health Accreditation or membership of PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)/ ACA (Australian Counselling Association) with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Counselling
- have the willingness to take an active part in the full life of the school and to support and uphold the mission and ethos of the Catholic Church’s work in schools.
- compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- A strong understanding of the professional body’s ethical and legal requirements, especially in relation to working within a school setting.
- Experience in providing evidence-based interventions with children and young people, individually and in groups.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and manage caseloads.
- Experience and ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations and to students presenting with complex needs.
- Experience or willingness to provide professional learning to school staff and families.
- Ability to work with a Pastoral Care team.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applications close: 3.00pm 15th September, 2023
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.