About us- We care
CatholicCare is a local not-for-profit organisation committed to helping those in need regardless of religious beliefs, background or circumstances. Our Vision is for inclusive, thriving communities where human dignity of all is respected and valued.
We provide services that support people across all stages of life: early childhood education, out of school hours care, community age and disability Care, foster care, school counselling and parenting courses across the Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands and the Macarthur regions. We are proud to offer genuine career pathway opportunities to our employees so they can continue to work with us even if they chose to pursue a different profession within the sector.
About our role- We care about others
We are looking for school counsellors who are passionate about making a difference in the social and emotional lives of young people.
CatholicCare has been committed to providing support to schools, students and families in our Catholic Diocese of Wollongong schools for over 20 years. We serve over 19,000 students across 38 primary and high schools in the Illawarra, Macarthur and Shoalhaven area. As a member of the School, Student and Family Program (SSFP) you will have the opportunity to work systemically with families, provide therapeutic support, deliver workshops to support youth, and teachers.
We have several part-time positions available within the Macarthur region on a temporary basis. The salary range for this position is from $40.30 – $49.38 per hour.
Our benefits- We care about you
In addition to being part of an organisation that genuinely makes a difference in people’s lives you will also enjoy:
- Competitive salaries and hourly rates
- Salary packaging options
- Additional paid personal leave every year
- Long Service Leave after 7 years of service
- Study Leave
- Professional development including internal and external training opportunities
- Healthy work/life balance through hybrid working models, flex time and flexible working arrangements*
- Free and confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym memberships through Fitness Passport
- Peace of mind driving to and from work with Employee Journey Insurance
- Our requirements to provide care
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (registered Psychologist, Social Work, Psychotherapy counselling)
- Eligibility for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), Clinical Membership with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), or general registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Emotional resilience
- Be able to respond to critical incidents
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively within the school environment
- Knowledge of a Pastoral Care model of supporting in Catholic Schools
- A NSW drivers’ licence and a reliable vehicle
- Current Working with Children’s Check (or willing to obtain)
For more information please contact Natalie Gill on 0447 501 782
Close Date: 24 September 2023. As part of our recruitment process we will be reviewing applications as they are received. As a result, this position may close prior to the closing date. If you are interested in working with us, we recommend sending your application across as soon as possible. Best of Luck!
CatholicCare Wollongong is committed to equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. All employees are subject to probity and pre-employment checks. CatholicCare Wollongong is a smoke free zone.
CatholicCare is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of children and young people, and to the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. Applicants are thoroughly screened prior to employment.