- Commencing August 2023
- Full Time – Fixed Term
- Level 3 School Officer – $30.93 per hour plus Super
Mary MacKillop College is a vibrant Catholic girl’s school for students from Years 7 to 12. Founded in 1964, we have a rich history and tradition, grounded in our Catholic faith and the teachings of Mary MacKillop, Australia’s first saint.
We pride ourselves on partnering with parents and the wider community to holistically educate girls to ensure they are empowered to be the women of tomorrow.
Staff are passionate about providing an education for girls in a caring and safe learning environment that allows them to thrive and flourish, while being willing to take learning risks. Honouring the uniqueness of every individual and grounded in a culture of welcome, we know that success looks different for everyone, and we are committed to helping all our students realise their full potential. Our educational belief encourages students to be curious about their passions and to seek out challenges. Staff work to develop our students holistically and equip our students with skills necessary to build critical and creative thinking to better understand and positively contribute to society.
The size of our school enables all our students to ‘be known by name’ and the education provided at Mary MacKillop College allows girls to thrive, allowing them to step confidently into the world.
We welcome your application to join our joy-filled learning community and empower the next generation of girls to be the women of tomorrow. Explore our school website to learn more about us.
About the role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced School Officer to assist our students with their learning within the classroom, under the direction of the teacher.
The role includes the following typical duties, but not limited to:
- Classroom support, assisting student learning either individually or in a group
- Preparation of resources and learning materials associated with classroom learning experiences
- Assisting Academic Staff in preparing, implementing, and supervising learning programs
- Support students in relation to their learning needs where some discretion and judgement are involved
- Administrative assistance and other similar duties.
Ideally you will have:
- previous experience as a Teacher Aide / School Officer and/or hold a minimum a Cert 3 in Educational Support
- proven communication and interpersonal skills
- an understanding of the work of a classroom
- a willingness to work as part of a team
- you will also demonstrate an ability and initiative to apply your skills in supporting students to achieve successful learning outcomes
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
*Please note the position may be filled prior to closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To be eligible to be considered for this role you will:
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement;
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment; and
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education.
Estimated start date: Commencing August 2023
Position tenure: Full Time – Fixed Term
Weeks worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure duration (where Fixed Term): August 2023 – Dec 2023
Total Paid Hours (per week) & days required: 5 days/week (30 hours/week) – Monday to Friday
Salary level, range or hourly rate: Level 3 School Officer – $30.93 per hour plus Super
Employment conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
Please note applications for this role may be considered as they are received, and an appointment made prior to the advertised close date.
Everyone at Brisbane Catholic Education models and fosters a commitment to the safeguarding of children and promotes a culture where student protection is everyone’s responsibility. Successful applicants will complete requisite Working With Children (WWC) pre-employment screening, in accordance with legislation, prior to appointment.
Equity and inclusion are at the core of our Catholic values and we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
Contact: Juan Bessinger
Contact number: 07 3266 2100
Contact email: [email protected]
Closing date: 13-Aug-2023
Statement of Principles for Employment – Schools Opens in new window