Service Design and Delivery
Salary Range: $87,447 – $125,498 (PN: 06943)
Are you a psychologist who enjoys working with children or young people? Are you looking for a job with a broad range of opportunities, including working in the area of prevention and early intervention?
ACT Education is seeking applicants for several temporary School Psychologist positions. We have positions available now for the 2022 school year with the possibility of extension or permanency. School Psychologists enjoy the benefits of teacher-based conditions and strong professional support.
Our School Psychologists work with students, their families and teachers to identify and address barriers to learning and mental wellbeing. In this role you will:
- conduct assessments in learning, social, emotional and behavioural domains and communicate assessment results and recommendations to parents or carers, teachers and relevant professionals
- consult with parents or carers, teachers, school executive, external agencies and other members of the school community about interventions, services and support for students
- identify and assess mental health issues and provide follow up support or refer to other mental health services
- provide psychological intervention for a range of issues affecting children and young people and where appropriate their parents or carers
- assist in the design and evaluation of effective prevention, early intervention and support programs for individuals, groups and school populations
The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
Prior to commencing in this role applicants require:
- Current full general registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- A current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011. For further information refer to https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804
- It is highly desirable applicants hold a current Australian drivers’ licence.
Note: A Merit Pool will be established from this selection process and will be used to fill vacancies over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
How to Apply: For further information, please visit www.jobs.act.gov.au
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.
Applications Close: 03 August 2022