School Psychologist – Secondary Department
Maronite College of the Holy Family is an Independent Catholic College located in Harris Park. We are currently seeking a fully registered Psychologist for our Secondary department commencing in Term 4 (October 2023). The role can be a full-time or part-time position and can be negotiated during the interview process. The College Psychologist will apply their psychological expertise to support secondary students to achieve cognitive, emotional, social, physical and spiritual wellbeing. The role aims to complement and enhance the work of teachers to strengthen student learning and wellbeing outcomes.
- Providing short-term, evidence based counselling to students from Years 7 to 12 to address a range of issues including depression, anxiety, bullying, relationship and family issues.
- Arranging and/or assisting with external referrals when required.
- Conducting cognitive assessments using the WISC-V to assist in identifying students requiring additional support.
- Preparing cognitive assessment reports with practical recommendations.
- Developing and presenting workshops to students across all cohorts on topics of relevance.
- Consultation and liaison with the College Executive Team, Year Advisors, parents and other key stakeholders.
- Maintaining confidential records of all interventions.
- Maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of students accessing counselling.
- Knowledge and understanding of Child Protection laws and understanding of their duty as a mandatory reporter in relation to any child protection issues.
- Full registration with APRAH.
- Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain one.
- Demonstrated experience in administering psychometric tests, in particular the WISC-V.
- Demonstrated experience in providing evidence based counselling including cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the APS Code of Ethics and commitment to upholding ethical guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage your time.
- Minimum of at least 2 years post registration experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the College Executive Principal, Dr Margaret Ghosn, via email at [email protected]
Applications close on Monday 11th September 2023.
Early applications are appreciated to assist the interview process. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received, and an appointment may be made prior to the application closing date. Therefore, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.