Sydney Grammar School is an independent non-denominational day school for boys. The secondary school (7-12) is located on College Street in the city of Sydney and the two preparatory schools are located at Edgecliff (K-Year 6) and St Ives (Preparatory school-Year 6).
Edgecliff Preparatory School is currently seeking well-qualified and motivated candidates for the following position of School Counsellor.
About the role:
School Psychologist – Term 4 commencing
Sydney Grammar School Edgecliff Preparatory School seeks an experienced and energetic psychologist to join our pastoral care team, working across Years K-6. In this role, you will work with teachers and parents to provide best-practice interventions and developmentally appropriate counselling for primary school children, with the aim of enhancing their personal, social and educational development.
- Organise counselling sessions that are responsive to the ongoing needs of students
- Provide support for teachers in the assessment and management of student learning, behaviour and well-being concerns.
- Work sensitively with parents to provide support and assistance in understanding and managing their child’s social, emotional and learning needs.
- Undertake psychoeducational, social/emotional or behavioral assessments of students.
- Assist in the design and implementation of social and emotional learning and well-being programmes across the School community.
- Encourage positive relations with parents, teachers, peers and other important people in the students’ lives.
- Liaise with appropriate external agencies and private practitioners.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant qualifications and registration as a psychologist with AHPRA.
- Practical experience working with children and their families. Experience within a school context is advantageous.
- The ability to communicate effectively with individual groups, parents and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to maintain up to date, accurate and complete written records.
- The ability to conduct psychological assessments and report on results and recommendations.
- The ability to manage the legal, ethical and organisational requirements of a counselling role within an educational setting.
- Understanding of child protection legislation and guidelines as it applies to schools.
Application Closing Date: When successful applicant found
The successful applicant will be legally permitted to work in Australia and accredited with NESA.
There is an expectation that the successful applicant will participate fully in the life of the School, including its co-curricular and pastoral programs.
General information about the School may be found on the School’s website at http://www.sydgram.nsw.edu.au
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to the Headmaster.
Applications must be sent to [email protected] with the following:
- Introduce yourself, the reasons for applying for the position and why you are a suitable candidate.
- Work history, educational qualifications, references, Working with Children Check (including Date of Birth for verification), NESA accreditation number, other relevant professional and personal experiences.
Application Form which is located on the School website:
- Complete all the details and answer all questions, including providing referee details.
- Work history, qualifications, or other relevant professional and personal experiences.
Sydney Grammar School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.