Vermont Secondary College is a large, single campus, co-educational secondary college of over 1550 students located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The school has a strong reputation and enjoys high levels of parent and community support.
The role is advertised as 1.0 (full-time) but we are open to negotiation.
The VSC Social Worker will work as part of the broader Student Services team by:
- organising and overseeing the delivery of programs to support student wellbeing.
- Collating and distributing student wellbeing data to members of the Student Services Team.
- Contributing to the delivery of student support services within our multi-disciplinary team.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of student support services policy across the school.
- Supporting the school and staff in the development of educational programs, particularly in respect to students with additional needs.
- Providing advice to the leadership of the school about student support service needs.
- Providing direct support to students and families that addresses social and emotional needs, such as psycho-social assessment, critical incident response, advocacy and support for students and families and liaison with external community service providers.
- Liaising with community service organisations, DFFH, hospitals, specialist programs and other professionals as directed by the team.
For further details and to apply please see ‘Recruitment Online’