- Temporary part time – 48 hours per fortnight (approx. 12 month contract)
- Utilise your expertise and skills to assist consumers with alcohol and other drug needs
- No night shifts – AM 0830-1700 or PM 1330-2200 Monday-Sunday
About the facility
Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) provide integrated and recovery orientated mental health, drugs and alcohol assessment, treatment and community support to people of all ages within the Barwon region experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, mental health and / or drug and alcohol issues, and their families.
The Acute Intervention Service’s Community Outreach team is a 7 day a week service with two shifts (AM 0830–1700 / PM 1330–2200). The team is a tertiary level multidisciplinary and energetic mental health drug and alcohol team that work cohesively together. The team provides crisis assessments, treatment and assertive support for individuals aged 16-64 years with high acuity mental health and/or AOD needs using a brief intervention model of up to a maximum of a 28-day period.
- Demonstrated advanced level of clinical skills in the assessment and treatment of people with substance use disorders
- Current Drivers Licence
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation including the Severe Substance Dependence Treatment Act 2010, Mental Health Act 2014, Health Records Act 2001
- Sound working knowledge and a demonstrated capacity to implement: Recovery Principles, Integrated Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Treatment Principles, Harm Reduction Principles and Family Inclusive Practice Principles
Please note applicants may be contacted for interview prior to closing date of advertisement.
About the role
We are seeking a dynamic, highly motivated senior clinician with alcohol and other drug assessment and treatment expertise to be part of the Community Acute Intervention Service outreach team. You will provide community assessment and treatment for people in the acute phase of their AOD use. Duties include;
- Working with consumers and their caregiver
- Providing expert assessment and intervention
- Developing a plan of care
- Acting as a link between the community acute intervention service outreach team and alcohol and other drug services (public and private, hospital and community).
What we offer
- Self-rostering (no night shift)
- Professional development opportunities that include formal options and informal learning within the team and the other acute teams
- 6 weeks annual leave with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We also strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
We are strongly committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on the Victorian Government’s Child Safe Standards: About Child Safe Standards | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au) We are also proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments to submit your application for this role, please contact the Mental Health Recruitment via email at [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Applicants for this role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.