- Thrive in an environment that empowers its people to belong and connect
- Be part of a value driven organisation who cares for the community
- Competitive remuneration package plus salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax free and $2,650 tax free on meals and entertainment)
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 800 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside our customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities!
Your New Role
As the Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner at Cara, you will play a crucial role in improving the lives of people living with disability. We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated professional to join our team and support our behaviour support initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Conduct comprehensive behavioural assessments, develop individualised support plans, and oversee their implementation.
- Provide guidance and training to a team of behaviour support staff, ensuring interim and comprehensive behaviour support plans meet quality standards.
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure relevant information is gathered to understand customer needs.
- Consistently apply a person centred and active support approach to the development of positive behaviour support.
- Competitive remuneration package plus salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax free and $2,650 tax free on meals and entertainment).
- Paid parental leave.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Rewarding, friendly work environment.
- Fringe city location.
- State of the art, modern office.
- Flexible working arrangements.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work or equivalent.
- Significant experience in the development, implementation, and review of Interim and Comprehensive Behaviour Support Plans.
- Understanding of Functional Behaviour Assessments.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in supporting people living with complex disabilities in community settings.
- Current NDIS Worker Check / DHS Disability Employment Screening and a Working With Children Clearance (or willing to obtain).
- Approved Practitioner (or eligible for approval) with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
- Full working rights in Australia.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved vaccine.
- Current driver’s licence.
How do I apply?
To submit your application please complete the online application below and attach your Cover Letter and Resume.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
For a confidential discussion please contact Recruitment on 8347 4588.
The closing date for this role is 11:00pm on Sunday 8 October 2023.