You will have a positive attitude, enjoy working as part of a high functioning team, support leading a team and ensure development and support to the Positive Behaviour Support team. You must also have the below:
- Be assessed against the NDIS capability framework as either a Proficient or Advanced practitioner.
- Have high-level interpersonal skills and experience supporting people in situations of high emotions.
- Demonstrate a high-level communication skills to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders and deal with issues of a sensitive nature.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills to successfully identify problems, develop solutions and implement these using a logical and systematic approach in alignment with the PBS framework.
About the role
As our Senior Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner based in our Eight Mile Plains location, you will deliver high level, evidenced-based clinical advice and professional information to people living with a disability, families and their support team. There will be a requirement for regular travel in this role with a caseload in regional QLD requiring your support.
Through applying evidence-based approaches you will reduce the impact of challenging behaviour across the organisation by also demonstrating an application of your professional discipline within the context of contemporary behaviour support literature.
We support you and provide supervision to become a Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst or Registered Psychologist.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Provide discipline-specific advice and quality assurance to other Multicap Clinical Practice and Behaviour Support team members.
- Undertake relevant assessments to identify causal factors of challenging behaviour in order to establish effective strategies and plans that address the behaviour and enhance the quality of life for the individual.
- Provide coaching, modelling and support to stakeholders including but not limited to families, support workers, and managers to ensure support relevant parties are competent in the implementation of support strategies and aware of their responsibilities and how to effectively implement the plan.
- Provide supervision to core or proficient practitioners.
- Implement, capture and analyse data in order to monitor the plan’s effectiveness, review challenging behaviour and make any changes where required.
- Meet operational, clinical, legal and financial performance targets.
- Work alongside your manager
- Master’s Degree or working towards qualified in allied health or social and behavioural sciences.
- A minimum of 2.5 years’ experience in the discipline of providing Positive Behaviour Support
- Experience and knowledge of challenging behaviour and intellectual disability
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating the provision of support to people living with a disability and their families and support networks.
- Hold a current QLD Drivers Licence
- Hold a current blue (working with children) and yellow (positive notice card) or be willing to obtain one.
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- NDIS Practitioner registration
- Postgraduate qualifications in allied health or social or behaviour sciences and or professional registration
- Experience working with people with intellectual disability with high and complex needs.
At Multicap our sole purpose is to ensure that the quality of life of people living with disability and their families is enhanced by our support. We believe everyone deserves to live life to the full. Multicap have been operating now for over 60 years and is one of the most highly regarded disability service providers in Queensland, northern New South Wales. and Victoria.
All roles at Multicap are eligible for full salary sacrifice, to increase your take home pay.
Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you. Applications close 31st of August, but will be actioned as they come in.