- Temporary full-time role – 12 months
- Be part of a collaborative team at Bradfield Senior College, St Leonards
- Support student wellbeing
About Bradfield Senior College
Bradfield is a senior secondary school within TAFE NSW delivering HSC and vocational courses with a focus on the creative industries. We are passionate about providing innovative educational experiences, including project-based learning, with a focus on the development of practical skills and employability, leading to diverse pathways to further study or employment.
Do you want to work in an innovative senior high school that is using real world learning to help prepare students for future study and work?
As a Senior Counsellor you are responsible for the delivery of efficient and appropriate counselling services for Bradfield students. You will identify and determine service priorities; manage counselling services, staff, and resource allocation; develop external relationships with other providers/services; and provide educational consultancy and/or staff development programs for identified stakeholders.
For more information, please see the Position Description
- Eligible for registration with Psychology Board of Australia and a recognised degree with a Major in Psychology or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in the provision of counselling services, crisis work and group work, preferably in an educational setting.
- Effective and flexible communication, negotiation, and liaison skills
How to apply
For your application to be considered, please include:
- Click Apply now where you will be required to address the below targeted question
- Attach an updated resume and cover outlining your suitability for the role as per the essential requirements outlined in the position description
- Provide certified copies of your qualifications
- Please ensure all attachments are in PDF format where possible
Review the Information Package for more information
Application Enquiries: please contact Sarah Willmott, Talent Acquisition Advisor via email: [email protected]
This is a child-related position. Applicants must have a valid and current Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance as a condition of employment.
In addition, your employment will be subject to the Department’s National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELL-BEING
TAFE NSW is committed to continuing to provide a safe workplace and have put systems and support in place for all our employees to work and deliver safely and flexibly through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please be advised that all TAFE NSW employees are required to show evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination via the COVID-19 digital certificate or COVID-19 vaccine medical contraindication certificate.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At TAFE NSW, we are committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
We will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact the Sarah Willmott, Talent Acquisition Advisor via email [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: Monday 18 July 2022 at 11:59pm
- Student success in senior school depends on effective integration between academic study, career planning and personal development. A key focus for the Senior Counsellor is balancing time spent with one-on-one counselling and that of identifying trends, advising staff and implementing and engaging in whole of college programs to respond to emerging needs of the 15-19 year old age group.
How you would approach the role of senior counsellor based on the statement above, to support the wellbeing of all students and the college community at Bradfield?
- Outline how your skills, attributes or experiences will contribute to the students and team at Bradfield and what would be your priorities in the first 100 days?