headspace Devonport/Burnie incorporates a range of innovative specialist youth services offered to young people aged 12-25 in the North West of Tasmania.
We are currently seeking a Senior Mental Health Clinician to work in the North West Tasmania area. This role will work alongside the Clinical Lead to provide clinical leadership and direction to the clinical team, ensuring the day-to-day service delivery is safe and effective in meeting the needs of young people. The position will involve the supervision of staff and will carry a caseload.
- Working with individuals and groups to provide clinical and brief interventions through both single session and ongoing therapy.
- Providing leadership and support to the Clinical and Access Teams.
- Supporting the Centre Manager and Clinical Lead in policy development, governance, reporting and continuous improvement activities.
- Orientation, mentoring and supervision of clinical staff and students.
The Lead Agency
Cornerstone Youth Services Inc. (CSYS) is the lead agency for headspace Devonport/Burnie. CSYS have been providing services to young people aged 12-25 in the community for over ten years. Website: www.cornerstoneyouthservices.com.au
What we offer
Remuneration as per the Health Professionals and Support Services Award
A positive and supportive team environment
Access to full salary packaging
Employee Assistance Program
A budget for professional development and external supervision
1 day of leave for your birthday and 1 Health and Wellbeing leave day
3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year
Option of 1 day monthly RDO for full time employees
What you’ll need
- A tertiary qualification in an allied health discipline, including Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Nursing or Occupational Psychology
- Current full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligibility for full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing mental health services
- Post-graduate qualifications and/or experience in working in youth mental health
To apply, please include:
A Cover Letter outlining your ambition and availability.
A brief response to the Selection Criteria demonstrating skills and experience (refer to the PD)
Your current Curriculum Vitae with at least two referees
Email to: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm, 20th December 2023.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have a current Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?