headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds. headspace has 108 centres across Australia in metropolitan, regional and remote areas, as well as online and phone support services through eheadspace.
Sonder is the lead agency for headspace Adelaide, Edinburgh North, Marion and Onkapringa.
Why are we hiring?
You may have noticed recently that Sonder has been advertising a large number of role opportunities – this is all due to our significant growth which has resulted in us being able to support more people in more communities. Whilst our growth has led to us now employing over 300 people, we’ve made sure to retain our friendly culture and practical approach.
What benefits can we offer?
When you work with Sonder, you become part of the Sonder family and that provides you with a number of benefits such as:
- Salary (excluding super) paid above award
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development Allowance
- Generous salary packaging options (increase take home pay by 6 – 12%)
- Meal & entertainment allowances
- Paid parental leave, and much more
Sonder are open to negotiating further benefits with the successful applicant to ensure an excellent working environment for you.
Learn about the position:
Hours: Part Time (0.6FTE)
The Senior Mental Health Clinician will work as part of the headspace Mairon team to deliver focused assessment and structured psychological interventions for youth aged 12-25 with mental health disorders in a primary care setting. The worker will provide clinical assessment, therapy, and support staff working with young people with mild-complex mental health needs. The worker will support young people at heightened risk of self-harm and suicide and respond assertively to provide best practice care, access to appropriate service pathways and effective treatment.
Reporting directly to the headspace Marion Centre Co-ordinator, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with young people and their carers/supports
- Providing intake and assessment and assisting others to develop comprehensive assessments/formulations where necessary
- Deliver evidence-based clinical interventions, including group interventions, with young people and their families/carers and supporting the appropriate delivery of interventions by staff
- Coordinating and delivering collective care for young people with complex needs alongside other mental health clinicians, medical, and co-located/contracted staff
- Support the provision of youth-friendly clinical services for young people with mental health disorders including assessment, care coordination, clinical therapeutic services, and assertive outreach support
- Manage a caseload of complex and higher risk young people
- Provide leadership and develop clinical expertise within the team through mentoring, training, teaching and supervision.
- Maintain accurate and timely case notes and records in approved database systems
- Chair and participate actively in Clinical Review Meetings
- Relevant experience in the area of youth mental health
- Relevant professional development.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in delivery of cognitive behaviour therapy and other evidence-based interventions for young people with mental illness.
- Qualified in one of the following disciplines and membership to associated professional body; Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or Mental Health Nursing.
- Current and full registration with the appropriate registration authority (AASW, AHPRA). Social Workers applying must have accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker
- Current National Police Check and DCSI Working With Children Clearance
- Current Child Safe Environments
*We encourage all applicants to read through the full position description before applying. This can be found at http://sonder.net.au/careers/
Please note: In accordance with the state government directive of vaccination mandates for healthcare setting workers, it is a condition of employment that you have received the required dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccination or an endorsed medical exemption.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume to Sonder via our careers portal on our website.
Closing Date: 29th of July 2022
Feel free to send any enquiries to [email protected]