Communify’s programs empower people to maintain their independence, connect with their community, manage their health and lifestyle and address the challenges that life can present.
We provide programs and services in areas of aged care, children, family & individual support, mental health, disability, housing & homelessness, drug & alcohol recovery and NDIS. Through our Neighbourhood Centres and Community Development programs, we also offer Emergency Relief, Social Inclusion activities, Food Security, Multicultural Support, community gardens and venue hire.
About the Safe Space Program
Communify’s Safe space Hub provides a connected and accessible space where people experiencing emotional distress can access appropriate support in a friendly and safe environment.
About this role
- Part time minimum 64 hrs per fortnight – out of hours & weekend work required
- Safe Space is an after-hours service that operates 7 days a week. From Monday to Friday staff will work from 4.30pm until 9.30pm, while Saturday and Sunday hours will vary
- Be responsible for providing clinical guidance and support services in partnership with guests, families and/or carers
- Provide clinical leadership, support and oversight for the team
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications and registration with one of the following: General APHRA registration as an Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Nurse, Psychologist or AASW registration as a Social Worker – more detail in PD
- High-level practice skills and leadership delivering services to people with complex needs
- Effective clinical leadership and mentorship skills with the capacity to support staff to realise their full potential
- Demonstrated understanding of working within a Peer support and recovery model
- Demonstrated skills and experience of utilising evidence-based clinical interventions such as DBT, CBT and ACT in a 1:1 and group setting
- Own lived experience of a mental health condition
- History of working with lived experience peer workers
Diversity and Inclusion
Communify pays its respects to the traditional custodians across the lands in which we work, and we acknowledge the elders past, present and emerging.
Communify is committed to being an inclusive organisation. We recognise that we work across diverse communities and welcome and encourage participants from all backgrounds and experiences. We strive to embrace the diversity of people from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, people seeking asylum, refugees and people living with a disability.
- Peer supervision & personalised EAP program
- Salary packaging
- Individualised professional development budget
Apply online via our Careers page https://communify.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs by clicking Apply Now by checking out the position description and please attach your CV and write a letter to demonstrate how your skills, knowledge, experience and personal attributes will be the right fit for the role. Enquiries: [email protected] Get in quick because we are going to short list and interview as soon as we can. Applications close COB 29 September 2023.