Gladstone Region Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health Service Limited (“GRAICCHS”) trading as Nhulundu Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service operating in Gladstone and the greater Central Queensland Region delivering a comprehensive range of primary health care, aged care and community support service functions.
The position of Senior Social Worker will provide culturally appropriate, community based, and clinic based, services within a multi-disciplinary team of holistic services that specialise in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care. The role has a specific focus of implementing the First 1000 Days program and support to establish Growing Deadly Families Steering Group across the Gladstone region.
The vision of the Growing Deadly Families Program is all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander babies in Queensland are born healthy into strong, resilient families. Babies have a better chance of a healthy start to life when their mothers are healthy, before and during pregnancy, increasing likelihood of full-term pregnancies and babies of healthy birth weight. Culturally competent clinical practice is critical to supporting families and communities to stay engaged throughout the maternity journey.
Key activities include:
- Deliver advanced Social Work clinical services on an individual/ group basis to clients of The Growing Deadly Families, First 1000 Days and connection of services focusing on the social and cultural determinants of health and well-being for mother, baby and family
- Provide targeted solutions focused intervention and support to clients through outreach and community-based service delivery
- Contribute to effective governance, continuous improvement and integration of maternal health activities throughout all GRAICCHS programs
- Work cooperatively and effectively at a high level within a multi-disciplinary team and with clients ensuring culturally appropriate programs and health promotion interventions are provided.
- Lead the development, review of assessment and care planning and case management documentation and practices
- Contribute to implementation of enhanced case management/coordination and referral systems for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander clients and families
- Delivery of outreach and community-based interventions by providing education and culturally appropriate services to clients
- Actively support and participate in activities required for obtaining and maintaining clinical and organisational accreditation as required
- Bachelor qualifications in Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing
- Experience in providing assessment and support services to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander children and families is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and application of theoretical frameworks and relevant experience in the delivery of Family Wellbeing Services to ensure optimal and up to date expertise is applied to operational activities
- Demonstrated understanding of working with individuals, families and communities who have experienced trauma, including acute, ongoing and intergenerational
- Demonstrated ability to work with vulnerable client groups, including an understanding of the holistic needs of the client, their family and their Community
- A passion and commitment to make a difference in people’s lives
- Registration as a Social Worker with current Blue Card (working with children and young people) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card
- Valid Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate and CPR certifications or willingness to update or obtain the necessary certifications
- Federal Police Check
- Proof of Vaccination must be provided
Why Work for Us?
- Be a part of our unique System of Care comprehensively addressing the health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families through a patient centred model.
- Supportive team of clinicians and onsite and visiting Allied Health Practitioners
- Healthy work life balance
- Great working environment – modern purpose-built clinic in the main street of the city overlooking the harbour
- Salary sacrifice to significantly increase your take home pay