- Newly developed service centre supporting moderate to severe mental health in youth
- Up to $124,000 + Super + Salary Sacrifice + PD Allowance
Make a positive impact to the lives of young people experiencing mental health challenges
About the Company:
This purpose built Youth Mental Health service is contracted by the Australian Government to support the implementation of primary care mental health services for young people with severe and complex needs. This service works closely with Primary Health Networks and their commissioned service providers to facilitate the design, delivery and evaluation of evidence-based, youth-friendly models of care.
About the role:
Supported by the Clinical Manager, you will apply a range of therapies including CBT and therapeutic interventions, to support young people aged 12 – 25 with moderate – severe mental health conditions through 1 on 1 counselling/ therapy, case management and some outreach to surrounding areas of the Toowoomba region.
Utilise your experience in Mental Health therapy to support the team and participate in group supervision to learn and grow alongside your colleagues.
- Apply short to midterm evidence based interventions
- Lead group work in CBT, Life skills and other evidence-based theories
- Conduct risk and safety assessments
- General intake and referral
- Case noting and reporting
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or Counselling
- Accreditation with AASW, AHPRA, or ACA
- Demonstrated experience in evidence based therapy with clients experiencing mental health challenges
- Knowledge in a range of different therapies
- Dedicated to supporting the clients growth and recovery
- Level 3 ACA Accreditation
- Mental Health Social Worker Accreditation
$100,000 – $124,000 + Super + Salary Sacrifice (dependent on experience)
- PD Allowance
- Internal and external Supervision
- Positive and laid-back environment
- Friendly team and great leadership!!